Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

Way to go, Madison! No doubt their brass line sounds really good. That may be their best and most aggressive performance yet. Solid tuning as well. They are getting more confident with the music book and visuals and the horns are feeling more confident. Percussion is very solid. Guard is improving by the day. The visual program is still what needs a lot of cleaning...but I love this overall music book. Not wild about those uniforms, mostly the pants. I want more pop from the visual program. Some of that will come when this cleans up. That said this is a nice show. Yes, I have not figured out the prop just yet but there is plenty to enjoy in this show and they are getting their mojo on. 

• Like 2

First time seeing Madison and on Flo. Music sounded better to me than the last few years. I didn't understand anything about the show, however. Not a DCI intellectual, so the ball/eye thing rolling around was lost on me. Liked the corps unis, nothing noteworthy about the guard. Good for them if this is an improving show and another step in the long-term rebuild.

• Like 3

Loses a lot of visual impact when the guard goes to those streamer thingies.

• Like 1

Watching Spirit. Such a good show. Will be a shame if they don't make finals. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Is this the same music design/arranging team that did Knock?   While a different vibe, there's something somewhat similar to me in how it holds together grooves 

Nope! This and Bottle Tree were written by a different team, atleast brass is. Michael Martin.

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Spirit is a head of them and MC is right behind them

Yes, Madison is not amongst the corps battling for the 12th. They are 16th or 17th depending on Academy.