Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

No offense but last year they were legit tripping over their feet. How are they this much better???????

Last year was an anomaly for PC in so many ways.  The pandemic did a number on them as an org.  They're back in the trajectory set in 2018 and 2019 now.  

• Like 2

I'd take Colts over PC for 12th. Colts really surprised me in all captions.

3 minutes ago, Photographer Jim said:

Not a fan of the Pacific Crest tarp, but otherwise very much enjoying this year's show.  This corps has come a long way it the past few years.  I'm thrilled that they are now knocking on the door of finals. (California may continue with three finals corps despite SCV out this season!)

The tarp works alright in person (although it tends to get wrinkled and split in the middle). Doesn’t really work at all on camera.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

They did finals last year.  They know what they're doing to stay there.  Totally been planning on a Saturday run since day one of this season

Oh I don't doubt for a minute that they've been planning on back-to-back finals since day one!  Just thrilled that those plans appear to be coming true.

• Like 1

Just now, DAYGO said:

I'd take Colts over PC for 12th. Colts really surprised me in all captions.

Good news. They can both make it.

With SCV out this year there's an "extra" slot in the top 12 relative to last year.  Colts and Troopers solidly in.  PC fighting with the others we've seen tonight (minus colts) for that last spot 

• Like 2