Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

Speaking of which, as someone who focuses part of his work on equity and representation (including non-profit volunteering on the matter), seeing no less than THREE female center snares in World Class corps this year is wonderful. People on this board have said things like "why does it matter" when stuff like that has been pointed out in the past, but representation always matters and that's a terrific stat in what has historically been a male dominated section of drum corps.

My center snare at the school I teach is a girl.  She looks up to them and notices.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

I'd take Colts over PC for 12th. Colts really surprised me in all captions.

Colts are sitting in 10th right now, them and Troopers neck and neck for 10th and 11th.  Who is knocking them out at this point?

2 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

They should be safe and maybe move up.  I'm not sure BK can jump PC, but it will be close.

Agree. I see Troopers and Colts challenging Cavies and Blue Stars by the end of the year. It’ll be fun to watch.

• Like 1

Nice. Now that is how trombones should sound. This group sounds fantastic. Very wind ensemble/ concert band like performance with awesome articulations, almost perfect ensemble balances, and incredible control of sound, range, and dynamics. 

There are many indoor concert bands that don't sound this good. 

BRAVO BRAVO!!!! 

• Like 6

Love the piccolos!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Least favorite group up next.

You need to turn the volume up on your hearing aids and listen to Cadet's ending.  Those mello's!  😎