MURFREESBORO MASHUP JULY 28

29 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

If they can clean it up, it’ll be a huge boost to their visual and GE scores. Absolutely love a good run and gun section.

Really hope this wasn’t added too late because something like this can quickly become more of a liability than a benefit. I’ve got faith though in the staff to put it together by Finals.

• Like 2

I have seen all the top 4 shows live at least 4 times each and have also watched them on Flo about the same amount

For me, Boston and Blue Devils shows are head and shoulders above the rest, by far the most captivating and enjoyable productions of the 4 corps. Both of them take the salute and before you know it, their shows are over!! The time just flies by and I, (along with many others I have spoken to) am left wanting to see their shows again and again. 

The Crown show is good and clever I am sure but takes a conscious amount of focus for me to 'stay with it'  I find that elements of the music especially, are so similar throughout the production, its hard to remain engaged.

Bluecoats clearly have some very tallented performers but this years show is my least favorite of the top 6 or 7  

Drum Corps is a wonderful activity that provides so much to so many. Thank you all who take part in any way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

Last night was my first show live and really the first time I’ve watched much this year.

Enjoyment wise, Phantom I think was my favorite show.  For sure the best they’ve been in awhile.  Last year was a sign of moving in the right direction, but wow, this year’s show is a treat.

Cadets was my second favorite.  Some really nice brass sound.

This is my favorite Blue Devil’s show I’ve seen live and they were performing at a very high level.  I expect they’ll win again and I’m fine with that this year since their show is enjoyable.

Boston was definitely the next best to BD. Love the battery, the rest of the show is fine but not as enjoyable as some others.

Crown.  I appreciate that the show doesn’t have the cringe moments that last year’s show had, but unfortunately this year’s show is missing the moments that get fans out of their seats that last year’s show had.  Brass sounds great. Percussion is inconsistent.  Dirty last night.  Will beat Cadets and Phantom in percussion when they have a good run but vulnerable to them when they don’t.

Bloo- I need to see the full show.  It took me a while to start enjoying the standstill but from the ballad to the end was good. The first part was probably good too but being in standstill it took me awhile to get into it.  I like the percussion writing.

#### stars and music city getting the shaft of atleast being mentioned 

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Wash rinse repeat. Year after year.

And yet you come back for more

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My first DCI show in about 13 years.  Impressed by the level of achievement and amount of frenetic activity and the way it's all integrated.  Not impressed by the lack of sustained emotional connection in most of the shows.  Each show had impressive moments but none consistently held my attention other than PR and Boston.  BD is a cut above in terms of demand, design and raw power but it's not a huge gap.  I had hoped to enjoy Crown more than I did.

The placements no longer matter to me because I know my criteria is not DCI's.  What matters to me is whether there are moments, years later, you'll want to experience again and again.  For me and the first time DCI viewer next to me, PR and Boston were the shows with that kind of potential.  

• Like 2

This is not a shot at Bluecoats but another warning to DCI.  It looked like there was a big exodus before their standstill.  The music alone cannot sustain many of these shows.  The visual is essential.  15 years ago I couldn't imagine walking out on a top 4 corps and not wanting to hear that corps.

My best wishes for the activity because I do believe it has great value for youth and our world is a better place with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

The two circles revolving around each other (starting at 0:12) is going to be a beast to clean - props if they can get it done. Seems like that would be a move I'd put in earlier on to have more cleaning time.

Also, at the end, he's like "ta da"

key+decisions+-+tada.png

7 minutes ago, PR90 said:

This is not a shot at Bluecoats but another warning to DCI.  It looked like there was a big exodus before their standstill.  The music alone cannot sustain many of these shows.  The visual is essential.  15 years ago I couldn't imagine walking out on a top 4 corps and not wanting to hear that corps.

My best wishes for the activity because I do believe it has great value for youth and our world is a better place with it.

I would say the exodus was more about BC being exhibition and getting ahead of traffic. Because BC was only exhibition, I would not be surprised if some didn't expect BC to play their entire show, as other groups like Cavies and Blue Knights play completely different music for standstills and encores. Some fans probably just wanted to see the competitive portion and then get ahead of traffic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vuitton said:

The people at the props just need to yell "SLOW DOWN" to the people running with the tarp 🙂

I’m with you 100%. Unless they make it clear that the whale burp destroys the ship, and then the tail runs over it.