NightBEAT 34 - July 30th, 2023

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Especially with the bare ankles ... I don't get that. Was the attention to draw intention to the feet? I guess that makes sense if they are marching perfectly, but they aren't.

It seems like a Cadets hallmark to keep their standards and expectations high. The marching should be clean and they expect it to get clean. Even during the rough years in the last 9 years they never seemed to drop the demand of their shows much. I respect the Cadets for that though it probably hasn’t helped with scores and placements.

• Like 1

When Atlas gets to the top of the rifle stairs I would pay real money if he went 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Their still Marching holes?

These corps don't march holes. They may have holes due to injured or sick members. Long gone are the days of marching holes in hopes of filling them in mid-season--at least at the upper tiers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but they watered down the solo I think, starting with the Atlanta show. In my opinion, the new version is the best version. The soloist was playing some strange, octaves and odd notes True to the original, but it was very difficult to play, and did not add much of anything to the show. The new solo is just perfection.

They actually watered it down after the first week on tour

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go Go Go and Keep Going! That is how I felt at the end of The Cadets show. Ending is not clean but OMG is that exciting. Overall this was their best performance top to bottom. Great show and a pretty fantastic performance, Cadets!!!! There are definitely a lot of goosebump moments in this show. I think there is something for everyone, even if you're not in the uniform camp. Still plenty to clean in the feet, legs and intervals. Brass, Percussion, and Guard are all performing very well. 

• Like 4