Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

It just hit me that this would’ve been the perfect year for Crown to bring back the creams! Ugh, what could’ve been

1 minute ago, ediblewaffles said:

I have this feeling Crown might go on a 2015 like run to the finish. Quietly climb each night to 2nd 

Maybe…but percussion will need to improve. I don’t know what else they can do. To my admittedly untrained ear, they sound the cleanest they’ve been since 2009. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Cainan said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this shows musical book but would someone PLEASE let Arthur know not to smile after getting not just stabbed bu completely impaled?

I won't go there. Hahaha. 

Edited by Vuitton
  • Haha 1

This is the kind of Crown show I like. Last year’s try for hip and cute turned me off.

• Like 8

Crown's brass line never disappoints. They are particularly good this year.  And they took out that 1 vocal section in the opener that I hated.  

• Like 1

Not much to say about Carolina Crown other than WOW WOW and WOW!

Brass is stunning! Great music. Great guard. And yes I think they have one heck of a percussion section too. They are getting better. It's a top 7 line in DCI. That is GOOD! Percussion is just a tough and very competitive field this year. But I do feel this show has legs. Just about all of the components are there. They are a solid top 4 for sure but I would not be surprised to see them move up. It's a beautiful and entertaining show. 

• Like 5