Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

Ok I need a senility check:

PC now uses double blue swing flags in the ballad. Weren’t they running around with pieces of white fabric before??

Cavaliers props are now white. I think they were silver prior to this??

What’s the deal with Troopers sun? Seems to be randomly turned off and on now and different each show lately? I personally preferred it when it came on at the first hit and then only stopped when it got caught. It was hypnotic and didn’t pull too much focus.

Now I keep looking at when it’s off because it tends to stop in the halfway position.

18 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Rutgers is a perfect solution 

The B1G is taking over everything else, so why not this show too?

Oh, and your avatar. They're coming for your avatar too!

1 hour ago, Narrow said:

That scores tells me the ring can go to anyone in the top 4. This ain't a race for 2 anymore.

I hope you are  right that would make it very exciting for a change 😁

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

Just got back from the stadium.  Big props to @Jeff Ream or whomever that we never even sniffed rain the whole night.

I didn't stick around for scores, but seeing them now they seem mostly to line up with my impressions (seated about 20 rows back right on the 50).

Devils' show leaves my jaw on the concrete (my favorite from them since 2006) but they do not have it locked up just yet.  And while I have been somewhat ambivalent about my alma mater 'Coats this go-round, they are tightening up appreciably and the moment-to-moment flow and progression of the story finally makes sense from beginning to end.  I guess the GE judges might be starting to agree.

Show of the night, however, is the TROOPERS...it is a kick to see those folks performing like such bad-A****!!  I could see them as another potential top 6 climber in the future if they can get a better handle on certain aspects of their design.

Lots of fun stuff going on in all groups...a few disappointments of course but not going to dwell on those.  Considering all the travails in the drum corps universe in recent years, I'm quite thrilled with the offerings this summer.  

I'm too tired to give a rundown on everyone at the moment, maybe after Saturday night...can't wait!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

just finished my last high school band camp day, so i missed tonights show. huge props to bluecoats for closing in under a point of bd. i never saw that coming. love love that. 

2 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

So...let's say that tomorrow night Crown or BAC or both pop a 96. 

Is BD still undefeated? 

Yes. You cannot compare scores from two different shows. If Boston and Crown top BD’s score tomorrow night, it does not mean they are ahead of them.

Bluecoats may have closed the gap, which is exciting, but BD still beat them in GE, Visual, Music, Brass, Percussion and Guard. That doesn’t bode well for Bluecoats.

I think what we are seeing here is Bluecoats solidifying that #2 spot.

Edited by Vuitton

7 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yes. You cannot compare scores from two different shows. If Boston and Crown top BD’s score tomorrow night, it does not mean they are ahead of them.

Bluecoats may have closed the gap, which is exciting, but BD still beat them in GE, Visual, Music, Brass, Percussion and Guard. That doesn’t bode well for Bluecoats.

I think what we are seeing here is Bluecoats solidifying that #2 spot.

still time to beef both shows, i wouldn't be so sure. bloo got a taste of being within a point from bd, and be got to see bloo tight in the rearview mirror. first time in while that bd has had a corps riding this close. both are gonna do everything in their power to either jump places or stay in the lead this next week. this also ignores bac or crown potentially coming in with a curveball tomorrow. it's all to close to call right now. very very cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

still time to beef both shows, i wouldn't be so sure. bloo got a taste of being within a point from bd, and be got to see bloo tight in the rearview mirror. first time in while that bd has had a corps riding this close. both are gonna do everything in their power to either jump places or stay in the lead this next week. this also ignores bac or crown potentially coming in with a curveball tomorrow. it's all to close to call right now. very very cool.

Boston got closer last year, once. 

I hope you’re right. I’d love to see an upset. I’d love to see BD in 4th. But, I still think BD is going to easily win. Once Boston and Crown enter back into the mix many of Bloos 2s across ordinals are going to drop to 3s and 4s, while BDs stay at 1s, 2s and an occasional 3.