DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

On 8/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, Chief Guns said:

I did Prelims in the theater out here in SoCal few years back before Covid. 

I swear every high school band kid in Southern California was in that theater.

With all the yelling, screaming, loud talking, and teenagers being teenagers, I almost had a Iraqi Flashback.

Thank God my wife was there constantly reminding me that they were only 15-16 years old. Lol.

But on the flipside by the time me and the wifey left the theater, we were all caught up on the latest fashion, slang, and gossip across the high school campuses. 

Here in Texas, in a crowd that had a decent number of high schoolers, they had bought group tickets I imagine, they weren’t bad at all. Cheering for their own if they knew someone in the corps, that did happen, but the crowd was pretty subdued! I’ve had mostly decent experiences watching at the theater, 2019 being especially great ‘cause they finally turned the knob up on the audio system and you could definitely feel the weight of corps’ performances! That’s something I’m definitely gonna look out for this year and make sure, someway somehow that is replicated!

• Like 1

How do you think the scores will be announced today?  I'm thinking Groups of Fours ... especially for the top 8.   

3 minutes ago, Boybugle63 said:

How do you think the scores will be announced today?  I'm thinking Groups of Fours ... especially for the top 8.   

They usually announce them as sections broken up by the intermissions until you get to the theatre broadcast ones. They’re all announced at the end 

I really wish DCI would post the judging panel on the DCI website/Flo website.

I will try to listen as judges are announced on Flo but I would appreciate it if someone has that information and posts it here in this thread.

1 minute ago, denverjohn said:

I really wish DCI would post the judging panel on the DCI website/Flo website.

I will try to listen as judges are announced on Flo but I would appreciate it if someone has that information and posts it here in this thread.

I’m here at the stadium and can post. But they usually do post all three nights of judge panels on the DCI website. I’m not sure why they haven’t yet 

GE - Chumley, Miller, Rhodes, carbon

Visual Prof - Nguyen

Visual Analysis- Travis wingagte 

Guard - solomon

Brass - crisp 

Music Analysis - rios and romonowski 

Percussion - Jeff Brooks 

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

They usually announce them as sections broken up by the intermissions until you get to the theatre broadcast ones. They’re all announced at the end 

As I recall they do announce some of the scores while the theater broadcast is going on.  Last year they only held the last few corps until the end...close to midnight 🙂