DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

I’ve have basically not had the chance to watch any corps this summer until now. 

My earliest memories of corps were filled with my obsession with Cavies shows. 

What a love letter to their history, biggest goosebumps of the night so far. Loved all the nods, especially all the music quotes. What a special show. 

• Like 2

Just now, 27Socal said:

Who was last drumline to win drums in a much lower overall placing corps?  Bridgemen?

Did 27 win drums 84?

Wow so many thoughts. I trashed on this show around the beginning of the season. It was disjointed, extremely dirty, and the hornline just was not anywhere close to playing the potential of the book. 

This show has grown incredibly, it is so clean and it is by far the most traditional show this season. I want to get a 2 more reads on the show during semis and finals but this may turn out to be one of my favorites 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

High energy run for Cavies.  These boys know how to put it out there.

• Like 1

Nice run Cavies! Battery gets all the love but FE fantastic too. Drill is so good now.  Not my favorite brass or guard but the writing lets them be effective. A show with many appealing moments and they should be proud of how they have grown the show to compete with 5-7. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I could see them getting by Regiment. Their show is much more complex and that drum line may push them over the top. We'll see how I feel after Regiment.

Don’t forget about pit. Drum line is nothing without their pit! 😉

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 6

Just now, Vuitton said:

I could see them getting by Regiment. Their show is much more complex and that drum line may push them over the top. We'll see how I feel after Regiment.

If you asked me last week I would have said no way. But that performance just kept them in the conversation. I'm really impressed.

• Like 1