Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

12 hours ago, MikeBD said:

I went to my first finals in Madison in 1086 and was hooked.  

I don’t care if someone hates the show but show a little respect for the kids. 

Respectful and response/applause to someone’s liking are two separate things .  I think this weeks crowds have  been very respectful to alll the performing groups.  I personally stand and applaud after every performance because every group  is working hard. 

• Like 1

BD's performance last night was super (as was several other corps'). My response to their show when it ended was to drink the last of my wine and take the dog out for her last tinkle of the day. Now prompted by the OP, I am properly ashamed of myself.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, ecamburn said:

Disagree with the op. No one is obligated to cheer /give a standing o out of politeness. I cheer for performances that move me. Rather than calling those who don’t cheer rude maybe reflect on why they aren’t cheering. I know a fair number of folks who respect the skill of BD members but who don’t click with BD’s shows. I’m one of them.  I evidently don’t have a lot of shared aesthetic sensibilities with BD’s design staff. They obviously click with a lot of folks so good for them.  But when I don’t clap it’s not out of disrespect or sour grapes it’s because I’m not moved  

It is out of disrespect. GROW UP.  The kids deserve it

I have stood for shows that I thought were highly overrated both of them are loved on here.  

I don’t believe in disrespecting the kids. When I see every corp get a standing ovation but BD it becomes a joke. 

I have a very thriving business because anyone that comes into my office gets treated with the utmost respect 

Edited by MikeBD
  • Like 6

Honestly, this wasn't an issue at the Tomball show. I was actually surprised by the crowds reaction after they marched. 

My general thoughts of the show is that it's a Blue Devils show. It's not bad, just not my favorite. But to be fair this is actually the first season where I have enjoyed 7-12th place shows more than the top 6 (however!!! The Cadets are my favorite of that group). 

At the end of the day it depends on personal taste. Every corps is doing something amazing and that should be recognized!

• Like 1

I love what everybody is doing and "applaud" the effort put forth by all.

With that being said, I don't believe in a competition that everybody deserves the same accolades... but I'm kind of old (school) like that. A standing ovation should be reserved for those moments that move you to do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

I have stood for shows that I thought were highly overrated both of them are loved on here.  

I don’t believe in disrespecting the kids. I

Mike,

To not give a standing ovation is not a sign of "disrespect", nor a sign of anyone's maturity, but demanding one could be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

####, you're old!!

Oops typo with being up late.  Thanks for the laugh 1986.  I am old though.  Sad

Edited by MikeBD