2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Speaking of Four Corners, the 3rd movement opens with soloists in each corner of the field, standing on the props, playing quotes from various songs in Cavaliers history.

Low brass serenading us with Somewhere from West Side Stroy. the corps may be in 8th place, but the music of this show is going to lead to this show near the top of my most listened to list on my Plex server.

Segue into Softly As I Lead You with some Franeworks quotes as they build into the company front.

STEP OVER MOVE!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

####, "Somewhere" by a drum corps ALWAYS brings tears to my eyes...

Edited by jthomas666
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Especially with those stylized plumes they’re using this season.

This also brings attention to the props, which are based on the classic Cavies plume, though mirrored to start the show. The props are on wheels and move on the field throughout the show.

The Cavies call the second movement “Groove 75” and it really does groove, though not at first as we hear Judy Garland sing about where we’ll find her, referring to the show theme.

This is where the front ensemble really shines and you can tell they’re a large reason why the corps is scoring so high in percussion.

Gonna use this as a chance to say thank you for all your commentary tonight. I always look forward to it every championship weekend! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was road tripping back to DC playing the Allentown tracks in the car with someone who was a drum corps newbie.   When we got to that part in the Cavies show she said, "That's a neat drum set solo."  

I laughed "that's a whole group of people sounding line one person playing a drum set"

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

The pit writing is so #### Tasty 

Who is their percussion writer?  I mean heck yeah this pit gets some lovely featuring.  

Great shows by all 4 who played so far. I believe the placements are accurate to this point.

• Like 1