2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Just now, Zeke said:

Man did they add in new audio effects in or something 

Either that or they turned it alllllll the way up

I'm in tears...  This is not a 4th place show or performance.  And the whale lives on. Thank you Boston Crusaders.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Man did they add in new audio effects in or something 

It sounded like it to me, but who knows. Could just be crappy Flo mic placement/mixing.

Carolina Crown:

MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS: Extend your bottom legs, guard! Love a simple thematic kneel for freebody. Excellent passe freebody under that weapon toss. Again simple and clean. Great solo tosses around the round table. 😉 As it should be. Sabers point your feet on that slide out the ground! Dance soloists, don’t kick your leg higher than you can keep your legs straight as called for! Sometimes freebody feels stiff, but catches are more solid than other guards so far… just wish it wasn’t one or the other. More ensemble bottom/landing leg missing clarity. Missing clarity could mean NOT SAFE!

C.: Costumes are fitting and color is lovely. No real notes here. Enjoying the variety.

PQ: Excellent rifle solo toss with turnarounds and back handed catch.. Excellent rifles in front of the battery. More great catches from weapons. More and more weapons, love it. I really struggle with the king’s choreo that requires him to but the crown on the ground. Feels oddly disrespectful. It’s y’all’s NAME!  These flag features to the end are so strong, TY!

I heard the signature sound of Crown for the first time with a good sound system. Lovely to piece it all together. Plenty to be proud of!

I've got it cranked so loud that my dog ran out of the room on Crowns final brass hit lol

• Haha 1