The Cadets 2024

Probably off topic, but I compare all ballads to Cadets 2005 "Dancer in the Dark". That, to me, was the best ballad I have ever heard, as well as maybe the best choreographed (with the battery moving backwards getting farther and farther back), yet there was no problem with timing back to front. Such perfect demand. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Time for Cadets to tackle some David Holsinger again, only something they have not done yet. On The Grand Prairie Texas would be a good one. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 5:50 PM, oldsnare said:

Probably off topic, but I compare all ballads to Cadets 2005 "Dancer in the Dark". That, to me, was the best ballad I have ever heard, as well as maybe the best choreographed (with the battery moving backwards getting farther and farther back), yet there was no problem with timing back to front. Such perfect demand. 

That was a GREAT Ballad. Personally, I prefer Canterbury Chorale. That release at the end was magnificent. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Based on the most recent tax return filing which ran from 11/01/2020 - 10/31/2021 (So this is the covid celebration year), the organization able to collect donations and revenue from various operations to make money. They were able to grow cash balances, although they are small in my opinion. Financially they appear okay. 

Based on local rumor mills they seem to be fine and are collecting donations. And I do know there is a big effort amongst the board and those associated with the board locally here in Erie attempting to gain corporate sponsors from businesses in Erie. Including some that would be extremely beneficial to the corps. 

All things considered, The Cadets appear to be doing well here in Erie and are prepared for the next year. 

This. is. FANTASTIC. news. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Per website and facebook and GEM postings 

It also looks like that Brian Murphy is now going to be fully focused on running the corps and no longer program coordination 

OUT
Ben Potts - Audio Creative Consultant

Change of Title
Justin Moore - COO to Technology Manager

Edited by lifeisaround
added BM
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, 2000Cadet said:

That was a GREAT Ballad. Personally, I prefer Canterbury Chorale. That release at the end was magnificent. 

giphy.gif 

On 8/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, 2000Cadet said:

giphy.gif 

93 and 89 FTW

• Like 2

I knew from the beginning when it was announced that The Cadets were moving to Erie it was going to be good for the corps AND for Erie. Cadets are to hold a training clinic to get local interest and build up local students to potentially become Cadets. 

https://cadets.org/cadets-host-future-cadet-clinic-fall

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 5:50 PM, oldsnare said:

Ask me, the Cadets 2005 show deserves more acclaim in general. It's not just one of the greatest performances ever, it's full of great concepts executed with superiority in every caption. 

• Like 2