Yes...it IS, in fact, a threepeat...

First of all, congratulations to Blue Devils on a championship, an undefeated season, and a three-peat.

Yes it’s a three-peat since they won three consecutive judged championships. Some argue it’s not a true three-peat because it’s not three consecutive years, but there is no rule that defines a three-peat. Some say it’s not because it involves the Blue Devils. I say let those who don’t exactly love Blue Devils and like to stir the pot and the thin skinned folks who take offense at anything negative about Blue Devils argue those points. Where I do think there can be an argument made saying it’s not a true three-peat is 2021. For so many of the corps that participated, it was a huge sacrifice and an extraordinary effort for so short a season. Blue Devils did not participate and while you can point out SCV not participating and it being a long trip from California, Gold, Pacific Crest, and Mandarins did. 

Now that I’ve posted on this thread, why was it started in the first place? I just arrived back from Lucas Oil, talked with lists of folks. Some thought the scores should have been closer. No one said that Blue Devils should not have won, there were discussions about who should have been in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. No one even said the word three-peat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Now that I’ve posted on this thread, why was it started in the first place? I just arrived back from Lucas Oil, talked with lists of folks. Some thought the scores should have been closer. No one said that Blue Devils should not have won, there were discussions about who should have been in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. No one even said the word three-peat.

It is purely a straw man construction. I am one of the biggest BD critics on this forum and I never thought this year would be anything other than a 3 peat. BD scored more than anyone else 3 competitive year in a row. Anyone saying it is not a 3 peat is just not being honest. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

Cadets did do that risky ‘86 show, though, with the giant hornline and almost no color guard, so that opened the door a bit.

I think BD has a very large ageout class this year, so will be reloading. Of course they won last year with minimal vets, so who knows! My gut feeling is Bluecoats will punch through.

When it comes to corps like BD, "rookies" means nothing because most of them have drum corps experience with other top corps. They're probably the only corps kids would leave Crown, Bloo or Boston for.

• Like 2

First, congratulations to BD for a fantastic show this year and a well deserved championship.  

Second, with respect to the threepeat, why does it even matter?  When you win more than every other year, does the order of championships matter?  This is such a nothing topic.  We're the Blue Devils somehow not as great as they could be because they did not have this meaningless status?  

But congrats on another well-deserved title BD!

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

Cadets did do that risky ‘86 show, though, with the giant hornline and almost no color guard, so that opened the door a bit.

One of my favorite shows 🥸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Where I do think there can be an argument made saying it’s not a true three-peat is 2021. For so many of the corps that participated, it was a huge sacrifice and an extraordinary effort for so short a season. Blue Devils did not participate and while you can point out SCV not participating and it being a long trip from California, Gold, Pacific Crest, and Mandarins did. 

I’m sure this doesn’t count as participation for some people because they didn’t field an actual show, but BD did do a camp in 2021.

• Thanks 1

So, Bluecoats have a three peat!

Congrats!

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

It took the Blue Devils 21 championships to finally three-peat?  🙄

Pathetic.  Cavaliers did it in 5 championships and Cadets did it on their first three!

😜

Slackers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2