Bluecoats 2024

The music selections are heavy percussion, I can see them gunning for caption awards for Percussion at finals. Can't wait to see the visual package and hear the execution of the music. I'm super excited to see something fresh and outside the box. Best of luck, BLUECOATS!!!! 

20 hours ago, An_drew said:

These selections and the video graphics give the impression that this show will be a bit of a callback to the kind of stuff they were doing pre-2018, and I'm 100% here for it. I can't wait to see what Thrower and Rarick will cook up from these tracks.

It's also nice to see them release the repertoire list. I'm sure I'm not the only one that remembers they actually announced their selections ahead of time in 2016, 17, and 18. They just kept the title/theme under wraps until opening night. They stopped announcing repertoire in 2019 because the music gave away the theme of the show. And technically, every year since then the show theme has been present in the music selections themselves. 2022 - the whole show was based around Taming the Dragon by Brad Mehldau, and 2023 - The Garden of Love by Jacob TV.

Just from the visuals in the video, the idea of “four sections” by Reich, a percussion heavy source material, gives me vibes of a “frameworks” theme. Something foundational with build and ultimate culmination. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Just from the visuals in the video, the idea of “four sections” by Reich, a percussion heavy source material, gives me vibes of a “frameworks” theme. Something foundational with build and ultimate culmination. 

Yes. I completely agree. This idea of blocks/bricks/lines/whatever they are seems like it could lend to a visual program that is much more concrete and physical than the last 2 years. And there is no better song for an ultimate culmination than "Lost It To Trying." They are designing this show with the end in mind, which really gets me excited.

And the shift to red at the end of the video? A possible uniform change? Maybe props that change color? I'm gonna go crazy over the next couple months.

27 minutes ago, An_drew said:

Yes. I completely agree. This idea of blocks/bricks/lines/whatever they are seems like it could lend to a visual program that is much more concrete and physical than the last 2 years. And there is no better song for an ultimate culmination than "Lost It To Trying." They are designing this show with the end in mind, which really gets me excited.

And the shift to red at the end of the video? A possible uniform change? Maybe props that change color? I'm gonna go crazy over the next couple months.

While listening to the source material, I’ve also considered it to be a deconstruction theme potentially. 

• Like 2

really hoping percussion moments arent covered by audio clips

Glad to see/hear they are sticking with their most recent show roots, production rather - I stand corrected. Very exciting musical selections. Now that Cadets are no more, Bloo now gets my fandom and my financial support. I don't think Drum Corps has been pushed this far by anyone other than the Cadets back then. Just based on clips of their camps, the experiences they are creating for members/potential members, as they did in December with Dave Vives, blows my mind and I'm all about it! In case anyone missed this gem:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1