Carolina Crown 2024

This is more than I usually contribute to “next year’s” thread this early in, but there was question I was itching to pose all during this recent season. Felt it wasn’t right then, but definitely legit for ‘24.

Putting aside the monetary component [just for the sake of initiating a discussion], what are CrownLAND’s thoughts on commencing the ‘24 tour on the west coast.

Moreover, is their any believe/opinion that strategy contributed to Crown’s success in ‘13?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

This is more than I usually contribute to “next year’s” thread this early in, but there was question I was itching to pose all during this recent season. Felt it wasn’t right then, but definitely legit for ‘24.

Putting aside the monetary component [just for the sake of initiating a discussion], what are CrownLAND’s thoughts on commencing the ‘24 tour on the west coast.

Moreover, is their any believe/opinion that strategy contributed to Crown’s success in ‘13?

BD Honk here. Check this out..........

2008 Phantom started out west.

2011 Cadets started out west. 

2013 Crown started out west. 

2016 Bluecoats did NOT start out west.

2018 SCV started out west. But they normally do anyways. 

So four of the last five to beat BD started their tour in California. Coincidence??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

So four of the last five to beat BD started their tour in California. Coincidence??

I think getting to see BD early is a major component to succeeding in beating them. Getting that early read on how you compare against the corps to beat is a really big deal. 

• Like 6

I think it's a good move for East corps to do from time to time if only to grow the fan base and such.  

Cavaliers tour west a few years back was extremely well received by audiences and the MM's probably liked the adventure too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Chief, former Coastie QM here. Your BD honkerdom precedes you..by nautical miles.

Thanks for taking time to respond🖖

Semper Paratus🛟

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Chief, former Coastie QM here. Your BD honkerdom precedes you..by nautical miles.

Thanks for taking time to respond🖖

Semper Paratus🛟

My best friend who was the Master of Ceremonies at my retirement ceremony is a Senior Chief QuarterMaster. He is currently stationed on the USS George Washington in Norfolk VA. 

Thank you for your service brother!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

You're not the only one who has thought about this. In many DMs I've discussed this and thought it would be a great move for them to try and pull off. Only if they can survive it financially.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

You're not the only one who has thought about this. In many DMs I've discussed this and thought it would be a great move for them to try and pull off. Only if they can survive it financially.

I havent seen the financials for 23, but I saw them for 22. I think that if they are in the same boat as 22 I would hold off on doing a west coast tour for a little bit. 

Not saying they are hurting really badly where anyone needs to be worried. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

My best friend who was the Master of Ceremonies at my retirement ceremony is a Senior Chief QuarterMaster. He is currently stationed on the USS George Washington in Norfolk VA. 

Thank you for your service brother!

JBb9jUp.jpg

Likewise, brother in arms☸️

• Thanks 2