Carolina Crown 2024

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD Honk here. Check this out..........

2008 Phantom started out west.

2011 Cadets started out west. 

2013 Crown started out west. 

2016 Bluecoats did NOT start out west.

2018 SCV started out west. But they normally do anyways. 

So four of the last five to beat BD started their tour in California. Coincidence??

I've been saying this all season. Get out, hit BD and see where you are at. Why wait until Broken Arrow? At least you know where you stand right away and perhaps have time to make necessary changes. 

However, i think those five shows were all "THE" show of the season, and that's what it takes to beat BD. So would coming out early make a difference if you didn't have "THE" show of the year.

IMO since 2006 the only three shows that were worthy of beating BD that didn't were 2015 Crown, 2017 Vanguard and 2019 Bluecoats.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I think that was a reference to 2022 RHRN.  This years show was more widely received as a success than RHRN.  

I'l remain silent on that travesty. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I think getting to see BD early is a major component to succeeding in beating them. Getting that early read on how you compare against the corps to beat is a really big deal. 

Boston came out west to the Denver show for an early read, battled close, and then came in 4th in Indy, so not sure it matters.

53 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Boston came out west to the Denver show for an early read, battled close, and then came in 4th in Indy, so not sure it matters.

I think that going out to Denver is different than going out to CA

I also think that there were other issues preventing Boston from beating BD.

Like I said in my post. Seeing BD early is important if you want to beat them. I never said seeing them early means you will beat them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD Honk here. Check this out..........

2008 Phantom started out west.

2011 Cadets started out west. 

2013 Crown started out west. 

2016 Bluecoats did NOT start out west.

2018 SCV started out west. But they normally do anyways. 

So four of the last five to beat BD started their tour in California. Coincidence??

If you think you’ve got the horses to compete with BD there’s nothing better than to see them early and often.   While it is an added expense just to get out there, you can do it on a budget.  Crown did their normal ST at GWebb and then spent a number of days doing long bus rides / rehearsal days to travel west.  You could also fly commercial and have a team of drivers take the caravan in advance. 

I will say this.  West Coast fans REALLY show their appreciation when you go west. 

• Like 3

I dont want to hear about anyone going out west until somebody comes back to Florida. I feel like I am on an island down here. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I've been saying this all season. Get out, hit BD and see where you are at. Why wait until Broken Arrow? At least you know where you stand right away and perhaps have time to make necessary changes. 

However, i think those five shows were all "THE" show of the season, and that's what it takes to beat BD. So would coming out early make a difference if you didn't have "THE" show of the year.

IMO since 2006 the only three shows that were worthy of beating BD that didn't were 2015 Crown, 2017 Vanguard and 2019 Bluecoats.

So many corps used to come out West when seasons were longer and CA shows spanned an entire month. Now we get the first two weekends... that's it. Way too expensive for corps from the Midwest or East to make the 2,000-3,000 mile trek for a handful of shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pedalC said:

What if BD came east to start the season?

They did for a little bit in 15 IIRC

• Like 2

This is so refreshing...coming here and not finding posts about how Crown 2022 could have moved up and pointing out their faults like at the beginning of the 2023 thread. I'm sorry to say I was one of those guys. But 2023 just totally clicked in all areas for me.

There was a lot of talk about the ballad duet and the quartet made mistakes that we haven't heard before. But they weren't the only corps to have that happen on finals.

I'm so excited for what could happen in 2024. Which hasn't happened for me since 2017. I went into 2017 expecting great things, but even though they medaled with the bronze and won the Ott, it wasn't my favorite show and it didn't have me pumped for 2018. They won those same rewards this year and I'm really looking forward for what they have in store next summer. There wasn't a huge ageout number so hopefully there will be a lot of returning veterans and even a better percussion turn out. It seems GE shouldn't be a problem anymore either. All those good things are a recipe for success. 

I know it's silly but I'd really like it if they wore hats like they did from2013- 2017.

Sorry for rambling on and on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1