Carolina Crown 2024

33 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Website still shows Fort Mill.  They seem to be really slow updating that page!

I’m guessing they’ll still keep Fort Mill as their “official” HQ. At least for marketing purposes. I only say that because the building in NC looks like it’s been in use for a while (at least long enough for Google Street View to record it being in Crown’s possession) and this season they were still going by “Fort Mill” in all their announcements and publications.

• Like 1

Crown's office is indeed in Pineville NC, which is on the state line with Fort Mill SC.  I believe they still have an office in Fort Mill proper, thus no need to make the change in the "From Fort Mill, South Carolina......" announcement.  If you'll recall, the corps was founded in Charlotte NC in the late 80's, fielding the first competitive corps in 1990.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2023 at 2:07 PM, 27/soa said:

Crown's office is indeed in Pineville NC, which is on the state line with Fort Mill SC.  I believe they still have an office in Fort Mill proper, thus no need to make the change in the "From Fort Mill, South Carolina......" announcement.  If you'll recall, the corps was founded in Charlotte NC in the late 80's, fielding the first competitive corps in 1990.

Thanks, good to know! I haven’t been by the Fort Mill office in years so I didn’t know for sure if it was still there or not. I do remember it being a pretty small space though so the new location makes sense. Plenty of space to park the fleet through the off season.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, keystone3ply said:

Free open auditions at PASIC: in walks the 60-something year old fat guy with a pair of vintage 3S snare sticks with a perfect chew ring from 'gock' shots.  😂  

Dear God, someone found my audition video online. And when did 3S sticks go out of style?

Drummer in Band on Boardwalk Editorial Image - Image of beach, ocean:  116215335

• Haha 3

Crown finally got around to updating their Staff Page.

Design team includes:

• Reid Atkinson, Program Coordinator
  • Michael Klesch, Music Director, Brass Arranger
  • Mike Martin, Brass Arranger
  • Kevin Shah, Front Ensemble Arranger, Sound Design
  • Mike Jackson, Batter Arranger, Choreographer
  • Sean McElroy, Staff & Ensemble Coordinator
  • Andy Ebert, Production Supervisor
  • Jeff Sacktig, Visual Director, Drill Design
  • Tyler Edrington, Color Guard, Visual Design
  • Molly Favret-Edrington, Aesthetics, Visual Design
  • Byron Valentine, Visual Design Consultant