Carolina Crown 2024

From a fan standpoint, I wish I knew what the show was. I only heard part one with brass and percussion. Didn’t recognize the music and really couldn’t determine what the theme was just from part 1. So I have no information other than they sound really good for January and, to my ears, it sounded dark but light at the same time. Another Klesch masterclass in arranging this year

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wigwam said:

Why is everything so secret?  They're not manufacturing nuclear weapons after all. 

Haha. My sister is a Nuke and that stuff is serious. So many calls and screenings she’s had to go through to get the job and so many around her have gotten visits from three letter government agencies. 

If only drum corps could be that serious

58 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

From a fan standpoint, I wish I knew what the show was. I only heard part one with brass and percussion. Didn’t recognize the music and really couldn’t determine what the theme was just from part 1. So I have no information other than they sound really good for January and, to my ears, it sounded dark but light at the same time. Another Klesch masterclass in arranging this year

Dark and light at the same time, got it.  So in a word, it's twilight. 

11 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Dark and light at the same time, got it.  So in a word, it's twilight. 

Expecting plenty of sparkles if it’s Twilight haha

• Haha 1

I am suffering from major DCDS (Drum Corps Deprivation Syndrome) right now. Going through the archives and watching a bunch of shows and rehearsal videos. Is it may yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been doing the same...caught a friend mentioning Vienna Teng's Hymn and linked her the Bloo version....then a bunch of other videos haha.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:49 PM, KVG_DC said:

That's it! It's an Oppenheimer show using Dr. Atomic by John Adams! (this would be awesome)

Quoting myself because I decided to listen to this opera (not the Symphony piece) and this fits right in with the "Crown Goes to the Opera" genre some of us were grooving on with ideas.  LOTS of tasty bits to work with and plenty for that timpanist to wow us again!

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Quoting myself because I decided to listen to this opera (not the Symphony piece) and this fits right in with the "Crown Goes to the Opera" genre some of us were grooving on with ideas.  LOTS of tasty bits to work with and plenty for that timpanist to wow us again!

I do hope she's back for this season.