The Staff Merry-go-round

8 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

But I think that was also design choice - the mold is set to be dark and edgy(not sure what word I want) and then brightens up the more the absinthe hits. All of the green parts were bangers. 

I am sure every musical and visual choice is by design. But my point is I think that was a big part of why people couldn't connect to the show right away. Every corps has a big first hit - To me, it's like electronics and props... Have to have them to compete. 😁

Just now, TenHut said:

This person should have already been identified and onboarding. Maybe he/she is. 

I think I may have read it in one of the Facebook groups I’m in, but it seems that the successor has already been chosen and DCI should, apparently, be in good hands. That’s just vague rumors though 

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Vanguard won’t be back and it’s time to release Rennick and Gaines.

Gaines needs to go back to Cavies. Rennick can go be at troopers or help another corps elsewhere build up a percussion program. Though after this year everyone’s percussion was on fire sooooo

Gosh I hope you are wrong. 

37 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Where is Pete Weber right now?

If my secondhand quasi-inside source (i.e. I know somebody who knows somebody who would know) is correct, he's teaching at Prospect High School and content doing that and spending time with his family.

Which is mildly annoying for me personally because I want him to go home to Cavies, but that's neither here nor there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

The most significant staff change in DCI...who replaces Dan?

No basis for this whatsoever in terms of having heard anything, but throwing a name out there that would seem to make sense: David Glasgow.

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I am sure every musical and visual choice is by design. But my point is I think that was a big part of why people couldn't connect to the show right away. Every corps has a big first hit - To me, it's like electronics and props... Have to have them to compete. 😁

They also didn't use any trombone. Everyone uses trombones now 🤣

41 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I won't crush you. I think its just too safe and can't translate to a full corps. WGI Percussion designers in DCI work better than WGI guard designers in DCI. 

My personal opinion is the writing in a two parter - battery to horns cohesion and impact. The show was very technical with no pay offs really. The execution captions did all they could but if the judges don't like it you can't do much. 

I agree with you on the Blue Stars front. Their current design philosophy is fine if your sole goal is to make finals. But if they want to take the next step and break out of the bottom half of finals, they need to do something different than what they have been doing. 

I’ve always been a Blue Stars fan. They have a reputation of being one of the best organizations in the activity from a culture standpoint. Really cheering for them to have the competitive success that matches that. 

• Like 2