The Staff Merry-go-round

7 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

I think John was learning from his dad Jack a lot longer than he was learning from Wayne.

Well yeah...but Jack left BD years before John took over....Wayne was still there to continue training him.

22 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Was speaking more of SCV. How do we know they have the finances? Wasn’t that the main reason they did not perform this season?

I think the one thing SCV has going for them is history, tradition and reputation. Despite some of the negatives that have come out the past couple years, I'm confident just because of their name, they will have no problem attracting strong talent again if/when they come back.

Isn't this thread about staff changes? Maybe the relentless SCV discussions can go to the SCV forums.

Unless SCV news affects staff changes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Isn't this thread about staff changes? Maybe the relentless SCV discussions can go to the SCV forums.

There was a SVC thread on page two.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, ftwdrummer said:

No basis for this whatsoever in terms of having heard anything, but throwing a name out there that would seem to make sense: David Glasgow.

Dave certainly did a great job at Bluecoats. Running DCI is like running a chamber of commerce. Is he up for that or would he even want it??

2 minutes ago, pbeau said:

Dave certainly did a great job at Bluecoats. Running DCI is like running a chamber of commerce. Is he up for that or would he even want it??

No clue!

Honestly, my thought process was, "Hmm...so the last time they needed a new executive, they grabbed a respected director from a northern Ohio corps...wait, didn't Glasgow step down as corps director a few years ago? And the financial resurrection and stability of Bluecoats is one of the success stories in the activity on that end...yeah, that would maybe work."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Speaking of Dan, there was a sweet moment early before semis or finals, (I forget which night; probably finals), that he & his family were on the field taking some pictures. He took his grandchildren to the Colts logo at midfield to take some extra pictures.  It was really a very sweet & cool moment. 💙

A Kodak moment for sure. :) 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Agreed.  Let's keep this thread focused on staff changes.  Posts have been removed.

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

I actually was asking in light of the possibility of their full time signed instructors deciding to go elsewhere in 2024.