The Staff Merry-go-round

9 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

They didn't have to take a year off due to their financial status and organization status with their state, did they? Big difference there. Apples and oranges.

Is it though? They established an entirely new non profit entity to separate from YEA and still did it without missing a year. It’s not out of the question. Troopers were on the verge of financial ruin more than once. They took a year off and we’re in much better shape. In the late 90’s word is Phantom Regiment was in bad shape and they survived without taking off a year. Each situation is different.

I still stick by the fact key design staff stuck with SCV is a good sign of potential stability if they are able to return.

• Haha 1

I'll just say this and it's my opinion...if the SCV organization does not say anything past Labor Day weekend I don't see them coming back in 2024...unless it's a small corp. Auditions are already set for many world class corps and I've seen nothing on their website for any auditions. Yes...this is the time to form a program for 2024 starting with auditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Is it though? They established an entirely new non profit entity to separate from YEA and still did it without missing a year. It’s not out of the question. Troopers were on the verge of financial ruin more than once. They took a year off and we’re in much better shape. In the late 90’s word is Phantom Regiment was in bad shape and they survived without taking off a year. Each situation is different.

I still stick by the fact key design staff stuck with SCV is a good sign of potential stability if they are able to return.

The significant difference is that SCV has serious financial issues with the state that require resolution before moving forward freely.  For staff, the decision to not go out was made late,  and staff who were being paid,  may have not been able to go elsewhere, believing 2024 might happen. So they “stuck with SCV”.  With no clear plan for 2024 being shown, that same staff may be reconsidering sticking by the org.

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The significant difference is that SCV has serious financial issues with the state that require resolution before moving forward freely.  For staff, the decision to not go out was made late,  and staff who were being paid,  may have not been able to go elsewhere, believing 2024 might happen. So they “stuck with SCV”.  With no clear plan for 2024 being shown, that same staff may be reconsidering sticking by the org.

And I would like to believe real problem solvers are working to find real solutions about problems and not posting every little detail on an internet message board.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

And I would like to believe real problem solvers are working to find real solutions about problems and not posting every little detail on an internet message board.

The behind the scenes scenario. Works in movies....not in real life.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Multiple people who attended the 1988 finals tell me that the news of Madison winning semis spread through the audience like wildfire before the show started.

I've never heard that. 

21 hours ago, TOC said:

A women or man being the first of their gender to do something doesn't mean they're the best qualified.  Over the years we've seen others who weren't ready in politics, professional sports, academia, to take on a key position.  Between A-Town and Finals night, music captions don't change drastically, but as some percussion posters have noted, what happened this year was a "head scratcher".

I would agree that demographics don't mean someone is qualified. But Julie is just as qualified as Prosperie, Kristensen, Ausdemore. That being said, it should be noted that she was the first female percussion judge at finals in DCI history. And she earned it. 

The drumlines this year were very solid top to bottom and I can definitely see how there was switching going on. Let us not forget front ensembles are more a part of the equation now than they ever used to be. Sorry, but if your line is the back playing the hard crap, it's not going to get as much credit as it used to. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

The behind the scenes scenario. Works in movies....not in real life.

Maybe I choose not to believe every post on this place like some people but if you've ever met anyone who is a go getter and gets things done, they don't believe the words can't, won't and impossible.

Everyone in this place is just ready to give up, close up shop and write them off for dead and expect their staff to jump to their favorite corps and that clearly hasn't happened fast enough for people wishing for their demise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I would agree that demographics don't mean someone is qualified. But Julie is just as qualified as Prosperie, Kristensen, Ausdemore. That being said, it should be noted that she was the first female percussion judge at finals in DCI history. And she earned it. 

The drumlines this year were very solid top to bottom and I can definitely see how there was switching going on. Let us not forget front ensembles are more a part of the equation now than they ever used to be. Sorry, but if your line is the back playing the hard crap, it's not going to get as much credit as it used to. 

I’m curious; what makes her as qualified as the three you mentioned?  Teaching experience?  Judging experience?