The Staff Merry-go-round

5 hours ago, gbass598 said:

And I would like to believe real problem solvers are working to find real solutions about problems and not posting every little detail on an internet message board.

Okay... but certain details need to be made public.  For instance, how to join the corps and when/where to audition.

2 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Julie is an accomplished musician, instructor, and adjudicator. She's performed in the activity, taught winning percussion ensembles, has judged WGI percussion for years, and serves on the Percussion Advisory Board which literally sets the standards for percussion adjudication. 

Very cool.  Thanks.  Where has she taught? How many years has she been in/with DCI? Appreciate her being first woman to judge DCI finals perc.

• Thanks 1

Lisa Tatum out as The Academy BCH per her FB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Excellent.  What is her DCI experience?  Seems mostly in the WGI world.

She marched with Phantom. Won an award for mallet percussion when she marched. Seems like you didn’t quite read the bio. 

But digging deeper, are you saying WGI isn’t worthy of DCI? I’d argue WGI adjudicating would expose one to more depth and technical skills analysis in comparison to DCI. Do you understand what the point of a field percussion judge is? I’d think years of teaching an indoor percussion ensemble would prove the skills necessary to be able to adjudicate a percussion ensemble regardless if it’s indoor or outdoor. 

Is there a reason you’re so condescendingly questioning her abilities? Are you sexist? Because you’re beginning to come off that way. 

Edited by TheOneWhoKnows
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

She marched with Phantom. Won an award for mallet percussion when she marched. Seems like you didn’t quite read the bio. 

But digging deeper, are you saying WGI isn’t worthy of DCI? I’d argue WGI adjudicating would expose one to more depth and technical skills analysis in comparison to DCI. Do you understand what the point of a field percussion judge is? I’d think years of teaching an indoor percussion ensemble would prove the skills necessary to be able to adjudicate a percussion ensemble regardless if it’s indoor or outdoor. 

Is there a reason you’re so condescendingly questioning her abilities? Are you sexist? Because you’re beginning to come off that way. 

They are nothing more than questions from simple curiosity.  Don’t make something out of nothing.  Why so defensive?   You may be the one who knows, but don’t think others know nothing.  I know more than you may think, I was just curious about JD.  Got it?  So you have no reason to “dig deeper” and make unfounded assumptions.  We know what assumptions lead to.

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

They are nothing more than questions from simple curiosity.  Don’t make something out of nothing.  Why so defensive?   You may be the one who knows, but don’t think others know nothing.  I know more than you may think, I was just curious about JD.  Got it?  So you have no reason to “dig deeper” and make unfounded assumptions.  We know what assumptions lead to.

And if you were so *curious* you could have easily done research for yourself. All her credentials are out there. 

• Like 8

Geesh, getting testy around here with no drum corps. 

I'm thinking about changing my DCP name to TheOneWhoDontKnowDiddlySheet just to stay out of trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5