The Staff Merry-go-round

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Can we seriously take a break from the "poach" tussle?

Seems like a good hire for Cavaliers, if for no other reason than it opens up the range of designers in World Class rather than just using the same old same old. 

Vanguard has to get past the DCI Board before they can be back on tour, and that's far from a guaranteed conclusion. And when your Treasurer, the person most responsible and knowledgeable of your organization's financial and legal position, resigns in reaction to a vote to try to get back on tour, well...

they need to get past the State of California before they can do anything

• Like 7

3 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Consultant is a "loose" term because I don't think either of them spent much time or effort and no time on tour that I'm aware of.

well no...there was no 2020 season

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Is that the difference between "Rumors" and "Rumours"

proximity to the Canadian border

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

As in "he gave it the ole community college try"? 😁

I was wondering why the heck a guy with a full resume of post-grad degrees would add Associates to that. That's like bragging to everyone, gee look at me, I came *this" close to making the Intermural JV Twiddly Winks team in college. Hire me! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

As in "he gave it the ole community college try"? 😁

Lol I have an AA degree in Data Processing from my community college. Now what else does AA (hic 🍺) stand for? 😆

Have BA in Computer Science at my 4 year college. Just missed getting a BS which my non college dad would have loved. “So going for a bull #### degree huh?” 😈

• Haha 2

When I see AD I think athletic director, the person I need to talk to about using some practice fields, and who can let the kids use the good (ie football team) showers.  Who at the college level funds the big marching bands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TOC said:

Are the charges by the state of CA easy to be settled quick enough to allow SCV to give them the green light?

I think you meant  “ allow DCI “ . 
 It’s hard to tell if it’s fixable quick enough without really knowing the degree of delinquency . It might be just “ pay up “ , but it seems they could have done that by now . So who really knows .

I do think the SCV situation does have some bearing on staff comings and goings announcements  , and thus relevant to this thread topic a little bit . 

Edited by Boss Anova