Phantom Regiment 2024

26 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Four Bronze Stars!!! Wow! Your Grandad was a certified BAD***!! Those are not easy to earn. Majority of people that got it, to include Silver Star recipients, normally don't talk about what they did to have earned it, and for a very good reason.

Thank you for his service and sacrifice.

Thanks so much. Yep, if I wind up being half the man he was, I’ll have done well. He was in 3rd Army artillery and signal corps. (Prior to— and after—the war he worked for Texas Power and Light, which I think played a part in him being in the signal corps.) He never really talked about the bad stuff, including how he earned the medals, but did tell me a couple of the funny/interesting stories here and there. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, year1buick said:

I became a grandfather a couple weeks ago, so I guess I’m officially a dino now too!

Congrats G-Daddy! You’re awesome.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Thanks so much. Yep, if I wind up being half the man he was, I’ll have done well. He was in 3rd Army artillery and signal corps. (Prior to— and after—the war he worked for Texas Power and Light, which I think played a part in him being in the signal corps.) He never really talked about the bad stuff, including how he earned the medals, but did tell me a couple of the funny/interesting stories here and there. 

It is like pulling teeth to get them to talk about their experiences.  I didn’t even know my father had served in Korea until after he had passed away.  I knew he’d been in (West) Germany but he never talked about Korea.  I can only surmise that he saw a lot.

God bless your Grandfather. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is like pulling teeth to get them to talk about their experiences.  I didn’t even know my father had served in Korea until after he had passed away.  I knew he’d been in (West) Germany but he never talked about Korea.  I can only surmise that he saw a lot.

God bless your Grandfather. 

Ditto here. Dad served (Army Corps of Engineers) in Korea during the war but only talked about when he was in Canada working on part of the Defense Early Warning (DEW line) system. Thank goodness for MASH as pieces started coming out while watching (Kimpo airfield was never that big when I was there).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ditto here. Dad served (Army Corps of Engineers) in Korea during the war but only talked about when he was in Canada working on part of the Defense Early Warning (DEW line) system. Thank goodness for MASH as pieces started coming out while watching (Kimpo airfield was never that big when I was there).

We need to get back to Phantom before my buddy @Sutasaurus gets mad at me.  😂 

One more thing, though.  I found out my Dad served in Korea when they installed his gravestone. It said Korea on it. What a way to find out.  My family didn’t communicate well. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

Somehow I stumbled my way into 3 Bronze stars while I was in Iraq.  One of the times Steve Rondinaro interviewed me once I came back. I cannot find that video, however this was the video that led to having that video later.  If you volunteer with Phantom Regiment I somehow trap people and make them watch this.

I was so far removed from Drum Corps at the time, that I didn't realize that it was the drum corps guy who interviewed me until a year or 2 later when I saw something DCI then went back and saw this, I really wish I had the interview about Iraq.

Edited by totaleefree
  • Like 4

I assume their will be a day coming up when the show title , uniform/costume, music, etc. will be announced as in recent years.  Anyone know when this year's program reveal will be?

• Thanks 1

Seems like the last two years the show and uniform reveal was right before the move in for "Spring Training."

3 hours ago, dciphan79 said:

I assume their will be a day coming up when the show title , uniform/costume, music, etc. will be announced as in recent years.  Anyone know when this year's program reveal will be?

It’s been revealed during the April Phanathon in the recent past. Usually at the end of April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regimentlvr said:

It’s been revealed during the April Phanathon in the recent past. Usually at the end of April. 

I’m dying to know what they’re playing. I haven’t heard a peep this year.

• Thanks 1