Redux

BD 2004 - Summertrain Blues Mix - The right ratio of jazz, a fantastic ballad (Summertime) that could be reworked (not that it needs to be) and tremendous speed at the end with the lead up to A-Train.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Totally agree, and 91 has some KILLER visual technique. I think THAT year is when BD started their visual dominance in technique and T. Ryan's contribution to that is why.

...and '92 was right there. When a Man Loves a Woman was the talk of the season!

I don't think Todd Ryan went to BD until 1994. He was working with Star of Indiana in the early 90s I believe. After Star left the activity after the 1993 season is when BD got Todd. But I do think Scott Chandler was on board BD in 1990. 

...and speaking of 1990, Blue Devils can bring back Tommy any day as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I don't think Todd Ryan went to BD until 1994. He was working with Star of Indiana in the early 90s I believe. After Star left the activity after the 1993 season is when BD got Todd. But I do think Scott Chandler was on board BD in 1990. 

...and speaking of 1990, Blue Devils can bring back Tommy any day as far as I am concerned. 

Thanks, all I know was that he was with Madison, then Star in 89, then later at BD forever....

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

Thanks, all I know was that he was with Madison, then Star in 89, then later at BD forever....

Those 1970s Madison Scouts alumni have done a lot of great work in the activity. Both Todd Ryan and Scott Chandler are Madison guys from the 1970s. Even Michael Cesario (who did not march Madison) was I believe born and raised in Wisconsin and was always impressed with Madison guards in those days. He and Scott talk about it in a lengthy video clip from years ago. They met for the first time on Broadway in NYC and began to change the activity. Michael first with Garfield Cadets, and then many others, and Scott with Spirit of Atlanta and then BD. There are many other Madison alumns from that time making a difference in the activity as well. 

• Thanks 1

2000 Cadets. Not so much a “redo” more just that I want someone to bring back the Gavin Greenaway music. It’s some of my favorite. 

An official return of the SCV 88/89 but modernized. 

Crown’s Jekyll and Hyde show 

I think it would be more fun to see corps remake a different corps’ show from the past. I bet you’d get some really different interpretations.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jpaul said:

I think it would be more fun to see corps remake a different corps’ show from the past. I bet you’d get some really different interpretations.

I’ve always wanted to hear Crowns hornline play a ton of other corps shows