CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

3 hours ago, AzEuph said:

Gotcha. So it feels like you want to hurt SCV because they hurt you.  And rather than working with them in a way that the organization deems acceptable, you prefer to torch the organization down since they didn’t interview you in 2019 or take you up on your offers in the last year or two (based on previous comments in SCV alumni FB).

Generally speaking, I’ve followed your content since SCV announced last year and mostly agree with your points. But the approach of torching isn’t going to help your opportunity to convince SCV you can help them.  Unless your end goal is helping to officially end SCV ever fielding a corps again.

I call it the Medea Syndrome.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I call it the Medea Syndrome.

Ok I nosed my drink.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hirsbrunner said:

In this thread earlier he threatened to dox and expose an anonymous poster (whom I am routinely not in agreement with myself).

Is it still "doxing" if the doxee does it to themself all on one forum?  Asking for a friend.

17 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

it still "doxing" if the doxee does it to themself all on one forum?  Asking for a friend.

Not finding anything done in this forum to warrant that. Pushed back a bit on points others have just done in the immediate past within this string more skillfully but its basically the same push back. Provided some snippets in re to accusations that I work for the org. So because ensnared in this trap you think that warrants doxxing and abuse it sounds like.

Editing to put this on the record: Richard already in fact tried to name who he thought I was in this thread, and mods deleted it, appropriately. If that counts as attempted doxxing, he in fact already did that. This happened well before I made the comment that triggered him to threaten legal action. And why? For what reason? At that point in time, *merely* because I shared comments from our alum assoc president and clarified what was going on on our social media page. 

Edited by DSpruce

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

There is a lot going on in this thread. Competing egos, competing gripes, competing topics. I’m so glad Mr. Royer is not around to witness this. 

That is a fair observation. To me it seems like the reaction to, not the root cause of the situation. It is possible Mr. Royer, were he still with us, would be far more troubled by current VMAPA management actions, inactions, communications, and lack of communications, not to mention other events that occurred after his tenure.

SCV was my first drum corps love, and current events have left me in shock about how I view their situation. I have so much sympathy for alums and others with a much deeper connection to SCV than I have, and the range of reactions seen here from them and others seems completely understandable and valid, even if it hasn’t moved toward much alignment or agreement. 

Clear and transparent communication from VMAPA and DCI might help focus everyone more toward what might still be done productively, but no one knows when that might come. Until then, this is what we have. Despite it all, I still think people are trying to say what they think is right, out of loyalty to or affection for SCV and DCI. What is “right” looks very different to each person based on their experiences, their situation, and their access to information.

sorry for the long post. Your post really made me reflect on the interactions we have seen here, so thanks for that.

• Like 3

Aside from pride and ego, what incentive has the BoD to stubbornly dig in their heels and not accept outside help or communicate transparently? Is leadership complicit in more than accidental mismanagement - is this intentional somehow? Make it make sense. 

Seriously hoping DCI dictates changes to BoD and corps leadership, a la Cadets’ split from YEA. Torch those in charge who created this mess, but let’s not burn the whole corps down with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The DCI Board and/or Membership will vote on allowing SCV back on tour for next year (or not) at the September meetings, if they request to be part of the tour.  Those voting will no doubt ask a lot of questions and require verified info before making a decision. 

should we start compiling a list to forward to them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, arabica said:

Aside from pride and ego, what incentive has the BoD to stubbornly dig in their heels and not accept outside help or communicate transparently? Is leadership complicit in more than accidental mismanagement - is this intentional somehow? Make it make sense. 

Incompetence. Hubris. They Think they have it under control. Embarrassment. Skimming cash and don’t want to get caught. (Lest anyone freak out I am not accusing anyone of this).
There could be many reasons. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

should we start compiling a list to forward to them?

Top of my list:

1. produce audited financials showing VMAPA has financial means to safely field a corps. 
2. certification from State of California that VMAPA is a nonprofit in good standing so as to legally accept contributions and operate a bingo game

I am not suggesting there aren't maybe more important matters, only that DCI should not even consider allowing VMAPA to field a corps without these financial and legal prerequisites. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Incompetence. Hubris. They Think they have it under control. 

That’s what I’m seeing with multiple instances of CA paperwork not going in. Board of Non profit I was in said for years they knew what they were doing…. Then lost non profit status for years 🤦‍♂️

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1