CA Department of Justice sends Vanguard second delinquency notice as of Aug 25, 2023

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

how many SCVC kids went to SCV?

I don’t think the numbers were huge. In 2015, Blue Devils performed at Tanglewood in Lenox, MA with Boston Crusaders. I went and spoke with some Blue Devils folks at intermission. At the time BD wanted to be less of a one and done ring destination for marching members. I don’t know if it happened though it looks as if the number of age outs is less than in the past. Their claim was that young people who went from C to B had a good shot at making Blue Devils and that the three corps shared a similar philosophy, values, and training methods though geared to the age and skill level of each corps. They mentioned SCV and SCVC as being two very different corps and most kids did not move from SCVC to SCV.  It was a casual conversation so no numbers were given, and it may have been one rival pointing out flaws in another (not that it ever happens in drum corps), but while SCV probably recruited talent from SCVC, I don’t think it was a feeder corps.

The big question is what corps picks up Paul and Sandy Rennick. That corps will see their percussion go up to first or second within a couple of years. Mandarins would likely enter the top four if they bring him in. Boston would start really challenging BD. 

26 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

The big question is what corps picks up Paul and Sandy Rennick. That corps will see their percussion go up to first or second within a couple of years. Mandarins would likely enter the top four if they bring him in. Boston would start really challenging BD. 

Boston is doing well with the perc team in place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Because nobody wants to go down with a sinking ship. We have to face facts here, that is what the VMAPA organization is currently. What's left of the board has locked themselves somewhere under the A-Deck, their heads are barely above the water, and they're running out of oxygen.

That was part of the problem with the non-profit I’m in that lost its NP for a while. New people were asked if they wanted to serve on the board or other management position. Lot said no because:

Thought the current management looking for fall guy/chump.

So many of the current management was still going to serve so doubt if anything would change. If anything they could point to the new people and say “see we changed” when reality would be same old same old

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Boston is doing well with the perc team in place.

Yeah they don’t need them

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That was part of the problem with the non-profit I’m in that lost its NP for a while. New people were asked if they wanted to serve on the board or other management position. Lot said no because:

Thought the current management looking for fall guy/chump.

So many of the current management was still going to serve so doubt if anything would change. If anything they could point to the new people and say “see we changed” when reality would be same old same old

Indeed a you implied, it's not an uncommon problem in nonprofits.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m thinking how many vacancies they have currently with board and other management areas. And why the hades they can’t fill them.. including the TOP SPOT.

Seems to me that SCV finding a new ED it is like the Titanic looking for a new captain, after they hit the iceberg, but before the ship slipped under the waves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Seems to me that SCV finding a new ED it is like the Titanic looking for a new captain, after they hit the iceberg, but before the ship slipped under the waves. 

And new captain will be blamed for going under the waves… (ignoring of course the previous issues)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

how many SCVC kids went to SCV?

In 2023, none. 
But seriously, I think BITD many more cadet/feeder Corps members went to the main Corps.  But more recently, I think it has been single digits for SCVC to SCV, similar for BDB to BD.  I wonder what Colts numbers are?