Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

22 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I’m really convinced people just come here to complain because they don’t hear the answers they want to hear. 

I confess.

I complain here because the answers I want to hear - factual details of progress addressing and resolving the growing compliance issues - never seem to come.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I confess.

I complain here because the answers I want to hear - factual details of progress addressing and resolving the growing compliance issues - never seem to come.

I completely understand.   Some of us ask questions because we want to know the answers, not because we are trying to set someone up for a ‘gotcha’ moment.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

According to Google, trauma dumping is when venting becomes toxic to those one is venting around.  

... which is different from trauma bonding, the concept introduced here before that. Because an anon Vanguard alum brought it up elsewhere and I felt it applied to the current (and historical) situation. To engage with the org at any level and not understand this concept is to ignore our history. But most alum would probably disagree so... 🤷🏽‍♀️

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/trauma-bonding

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s not even that we want to know for ourselves.  I would really like to know if a bunch of young people are going to get burned again. That’s all. 

I suppose we all do. Those marcher applicants at recent SCV auditions were told by staff there that all systems are go and that the Corps will " definitely field " next summer.

SCV press releases also state that DCI Hq has been in frequent discussions with SCV and apparently DCI Hq seems satisfied with the info provided to them sufficient enough to not put them on probation nor has there been any public notice of current concern by DCI Hg.

What/who to believe ?  I don't pretend to know the answer to that. I guess only time will tell.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I suppose we all do. Those marcher applicants at recent SCV auditions were told by staff there that all systems are go and that the Corps will " definitely field " next summer.

SCV press releases also state that DCI Hq has been in frequent discussions with SCV and apparently DCI Hq seems satisfied with the info provided to them sufficient enough to not put them on probation nor has there been any public notice of current concern by DCI Hg.

What/who to believe ?  I don't pretend to know the answer to that. I guess only time will tell.

I’m on the “trust but verify” plan in all aspects of life.  I could tell some tales about my dealings with contractors lately but this isn’t the place.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

According to Google, trauma dumping is when venting becomes toxic to those one is venting around.  

I think of it as a euphemism for TMI. 

53 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

And nothing said about the mess with the CA paperwork. 🤔

My search for trauma dumping came up with basically “I had it worse than you so I don’t want to hear your complaints/comments” IOW shut up. Know people who do that and just want to respond that it ain’t a freaking contest (who had it worse)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2