Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

That's it. I'm setting up DrumCorpsFanDuel.com today and making myself a fortune. Don't any of you goobers steal my idea. 

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

You can call it OnlyChumps.com

Or DrumCorpsOnlyFans.com? Lots of potential; in so many sordid ways... 😂🥲😂🥲

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

The core of what SCV really is will not allow itself to succeed

This sentiment is shared by many alum who've contacted me, and several other anon alum in the internet wilds.  And I don't think they were digging through the weeds to figure that out like some of us. It's why I tend to allude to The Producers.

But how often I encounter this sentiment shows how prevalent it is  in our culture. We just keep getting in our own #### way. (And I don't mean the latest of us to join in and try and point it out. I mean the decades of it before that.)

Can't  VMAPA just go ahead and prove me, Richard,  MM and the others wrong already? I'd love that more than words can describe.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

On the field, presenting their 2024 show ‘Springtime for Hitler’, Drum Corps International is proud to present Santa Clara Vanguard! 

eta - Springtime for Hitler is a musical in The Producers.  It is supposed to be intentionally bad.  If I give more info it will be a spoiler.  Go watch the 1967 version (not the later remake). 

How apropos for the last few weeks. Flame away…donning my flame retardant attire.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

On the field, presenting their 2024 show ‘Springtime for Hitler’, Drum Corps International is proud to present Santa Clara Vanguard! 

eta - Springtime for Hitler is a musical in The Producers.  It is supposed to be intentionally bad.  If I give more info it will be a spoiler.  Go watch the 1967 version (not the later remake). 

I’m hearing first part of Mel Brooks (vocal) cameo. “Don’t be stupid, be a smartie”. Good advice with this cluster…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m hearing first part of Mel Brooks (vocal) cameo. “Don’t be stupid, be a smartie”. Good advice with this cluster…

Now I’m laughing thinking of Lorenzo St. DuBois (LSD). 

Godwin’s Law:  As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches.

Lol I’m laughing way too hard for a Friday morning. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It was so bad, it was good. Like Plan 9 from Outer Space.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was so bad, it was good. Like Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Theres no hope for me as I have both Plan 9 and Mostel/Wilder Producers on dvd. 
I haunt Goodwill and Salvation Army for DVDs and books so at least got them cheap

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That would be an awesome show although maybe a bit too self-referential, given all the other evidence presented in this thread. Probably a good thing you explained it too. 

• Like 3

so what's D-Day for the state to pull the plug again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1