Cadets Suspend for 2024

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

What should we be more surprised about?

- Cadets calling off 2024

- press release saying "its not a spending problem, its a revenue problem"

- only two hours into this thread, people are defending/deflecting about non-essential expenses such as props and electronics

So what is the revenue problem?  

• Like 1

My daughter is a 3 year vet 2024 age out. She is devastated. With this being a fundraiser shortage when would this information have been from to determine deficit, the big maroon and gold day early May?

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

How does alumni not get an “urgent assistance” email or this not made a “dire situation” in advance when there was ample time for a remote possibility?! As a corporate exec myself, ALL of the top is to blame and heads should roll. What an embarrassing #### show.

As an alumni, I’m heartbroken and furious at the same time how this was so mismanaged and communicated. Had any of us alumni known the actual current state, we could have, would have, made a difference. 

My understanding is that alums have been hit up quite a few times to save the Cadets. There’s only so many times this can happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

I cannot say specifically. 

According to the press release, expenses were "managed within expectations", but "budgeted fundraising amounts did not materialize as anticipated".  So they are literally telling us its not a spending problem, its a revenue problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Were audition fees for the 2024 season taken?

I think just for packets. Not sure

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, totaleefree said:

This is going to sound horrible, but I am glad it was finances rather than some accusations of abuse or sexual misconduct that shut them down. Financial issues may be tough to recover from. But abuse and such hurt everyone in DCI for long periods of time.

I thought the move to Erie was supposed to solve a lot of problems 

• Like 2

I don't normally curse but this is ####### heartbreaking...My reason for returning to drum corps as a fan, was Garfield's 1982 show..since then..I'm sorry I can't continue this...peace

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

Not enough coming in obviously. Plus I’ve seen stuff on various sites about bus related issues and stuff…. Who knows. And given alumni relations are still not as solid as hoped for… a mess

Edited by Jeff Ream

38 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

No one has mentioned that the executive director also resigned. 

Not surprised. They buried it well

• Like 2