Cadets Suspend for 2024

No word on if they aim to be out for 2025?

Vanguard had/has bingo to earn money whilst they were off in 2023 but what does Cadet’s have?  

Will they be putting place a plan to secure the future from 2025 and beyond or is this it for Cadets? 😞

Edited by DCI-86

1 minute ago, DCI-86 said:

No word on if they aim to be out for 2025?

Vanguard had/has bingo to earn money whilst they were off in 2023 but what does Cadet’s have?  

Will they be putting place a plan to secure the future from 2025 and beyond or is this it for Cadets? 😞

Who knows the ceo quit. Right now they’re dealing with the chaos the announcement created. 

So they had to see this coming. No alumni 911 appeal. Announced plans and took audition money. Announced staff.

then suddenly “uh oh”. We saw this 10 months ago in California. Now here. As someone mentioned the alumni have been bled dry plus they moved further away from them. Where’s the Erie support? 

they had to see it coming. I call BS on the suddenness of it being known unless they too are economically incompetent as SCV showed themselves to be

• Like 2

Someone from the Cadets needs to inform "X" (twitter)Twitter.  I just received a tweet about recruiting talent for 2024.

• Sad 1

So many prohibited words that would just be covered by the "#".  Not the news I wanted to see as I fired up my laptop this morning.  I'm still humming the wonderful ballad from the soloist last season.  Not even sure I should attend next summer.  Sad... 🥲

For Sale: (2) 2024 Super 3 ticket packages in the blast zone. :mat:  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

On the Erie group mailing list but can’t remember last time I received anything. Does anyone know the answer to this? 
Have had the year from hell so my mind hasn’t been on drum corps.

10 hours ago, TenHut said:

No. Gas price has doubled, inflation out of control. 

Blame awful politicians and DCI refusing to change the model.

Ugh so angry right now. It seems every argument had a counterpoint. Amps and gizmos add cost. No they actually don’t. DCI needs to get costs under control. No, DCI is the corps. DCI has no power to do that.  We shouldn’t add more stuff to the field. No, drum corps needs to be allowed to evolve. it never ended. Well, now it is ending. 

Final results are pretty much established at the first regional. So why bother?  Eliminate the regionals. Have all the corps meet only once - at finals week. Imagine the excitement that would generate.  Rest of the year, stay local. Oh, but the quality might decline. At this point, who cares?  Survival of the activity is at stake. Maybe we need fewer pageantry leaches, significantly reduced staffs, significantly less travel, significant more local community engagement. But who cares what I think…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Now it's just going to be brain dead takes on why electronics and props are the ruin of drum corps. 

If you don’t like it, shut up or go away?  Yeah that attitude had nothing to do with it. AxelL nailed it. 

9 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

What should we be more surprised about?

- Cadets calling off 2024

- press release saying "its not a spending problem, its a revenue problem"

- only two hours into this thread, people are defending/deflecting about non-essential expenses such as props and electronics

What a dumb statement. One cannot separate spending from revenue. They go together. Or your corps goes inactive I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Not surprised. They buried it well

I don't understand this comment.  The press release wherein they announced they were not going out also announced their executive director resigning.   

• Like 1