Where is the love?

It's been three weeks since the GoFundMe for the Cadets was started. The ask was for $50,000, but as of now, only $905 has been donated by 16 donors. How do you interpret this?

Are people donating directly to the corps?
Are people looking at their bank statements and seeing a balance that gives them nothing to spare?
Has the IRS Standard Deduction disincentivized charitable donations?
Are people holding a grudge against the corps for Hopkin's sins?

I know this platform isn't as popular as it once was, but I have to believe that the link to the donation page has been shared in other media besides DCP.

If the most ardent drum corps supporters aren't opening their wallets, who will? 

3 minutes ago, lowend said:

Cadets have had their second chance already.

I wonder if this is the consensus of the alumni. 

unless the corps actually sanys anything, who knows. i do believe there are many people taking a wait and see, as well as people realize go fund me takes a chunk of the donations for themselves.

after all as brought up elsewhere, the corps was supposed to saying more soon, and well that was....a week? 2 weeks ago?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, lowend said:

D. All of the above.

Plus, people don't want to waste their money on a losing proposition.  Cadets have had their second chance already.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Too many people come off like things should be perfect and forget that, just like with a Presidency, things implemented today can take years to actually show up. 

Stop spouting off like you know every in-and-out that comes out of Cadets.  

Some people choose to donate directly to the corps instead of the GoFundMe link. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Too many people come off like things should be perfect and forget that, just like with a Presidency, things implemented today can take years to actually show up. 

Stop spouting off like you know every in-and-out that comes out of Cadets.  

Some people choose to donate directly to the corps instead of the GoFundMe link. 

Agreed. 

Where I worked they had annual fund drive (won’t say the name) under an umbrella organization. Then word got out how much our donations went to the umbrella groups overhead…. Why use GoFundMe and not have all the $$$ go to the Cadets or any other group.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I don't fully trust GoFundMe, so if I cared enough about Garfield to donate I'd do so directly.  And I wish them the best.  

Exactly. Why donate to GoFundMe when they will take a cut?

• Like 2