Where is the love?

On 11/6/2023 at 1:10 PM, craiga said:

I am frankly surprised that it hasn't dawned on anyone that perhaps the reason why the Cadets organization isn't giving specifics may be on advice of legal counsel.  Given their history with their former director, this wouldn't seem too far fetched, would it?

Well, if I take the statement made by the BOD member at face value (reason for no 2024 tour is unexpected expenses, paraphrasing here), then no, why would that have anything to do with legal counsel?  So it didn’t and doesn’t dawn on me. Now, if there is more to the story that involves the need to lawyer up, then it becomes a very different picture to me.  Maybe time will tell. Maybe it won’t. 

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, if I take the statement made by the BOD member at face value (reason for no 2024 tour is unexpected expenses, paraphrasing here), then no, why would that have anything to do with legal counsel?  So it didn’t and doesn’t dawn on me. Now, if there is more to the story that involves the need to lawyer up, then it becomes a very different picture to me.  Maybe time will tell. Maybe it won’t. 

Perhaps the unexpected expenses were legal? 

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That’s not what was stated. 

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

and if so, depending on legal advice, they'd never say

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If there were that many legal hours required it would beg question as to why.  

given the legal world these days, could be anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I might also suggest simply going to their website where it clearly states "... while overall planned expenses for the 2023 season were managed within expectations, the organization fell short of its fundraising goals for the year."

45 minutes ago, fifer said:

I might also suggest simply going to their website where it clearly states "... while overall planned expenses for the 2023 season were managed within expectations, the organization fell short of its fundraising goals for the year."

Interesting statement isn’t it?  Expenses were managed within expectations….  Fell short of fundraising goals. Well.  Ok. I thought I would spend 10 dollars. And I did spend 10 dollars!!  But I didn’t expect to only bring in 5 dollars. Sure, they managed their “expenses expectations.”  They failed to manage their income expectations. So they failed in their budgeting.  And that is what matters.  But the words are fancy. I fear smoke is being blown at us. I hope for their success but the double speak and aggressive defensiveness makes me fear otherwise. I have seen this movie before. 

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Interesting statement isn’t it?  Expenses were managed within expectations….  Fell short of fundraising goals. Well.  Ok. I thought I would spend 10 dollars. And I did spend 10 dollars!!  But I didn’t expect to only bring in 5 dollars. Sure, they managed their “expenses expectations.”  They failed to manage their income expectations. So they failed in their budgeting.  And that is what matters.  But the words are fancy. I fear smoke is being blown at us. I hope for their success but the double speak and aggressive defensiveness makes me fear otherwise. I have seen this movie before. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It does not matter what statement they put out, what questions they answer. People will still form their own assumptions as to why it happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1