DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

36 minutes ago, TOC said:

Along with Boston, that was one of the better lineups in several years. 

And because of how each corps was performing and their anticipated successes, there was a great sized crowd.  The corps named in the post by Phantom56, as possibly available at a show,  may not get the same level of attendance.  If that is the case, it’s a risky and potentially financial endeavor for the show sponsor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Wasn't the Glassboro, NJ show the Cadets home show? Will that show be gone now? I'd argue there is no reason for not having five East Coast shows the first week of July. The shows could easily feature at least seven corps: Boston, Crown, Spartans, Caballeros, Hurricanes, Fusion Core, Skyliners. Jersey Surf, if they come out. Two shows in NJ/PA, Annapolis, two shows in the Boston area. Quincy and Lawrence, or other venues. The merger of All-age corps into DCI makes it possible for full line-ups at any East Coast venue. 

That’s been Surfs show. But for the NE weeknights are an issue and around the 4th several do the MD parade circuit which pays FAR more than a show would

• Like 1

Kinda feel like there should have been some more leaks by now...

On 11/11/2023 at 3:37 PM, Phantom56 said:

Wasn't the Glassboro, NJ show the Cadets home show? Will that show be gone now? I'd argue there is no reason for not having five East Coast shows the first week of July. The shows could easily feature at least seven corps: Boston, Crown, Spartans, Caballeros, Hurricanes, Fusion Core, Skyliners. Jersey Surf, if they come out. Two shows in NJ/PA, Annapolis, two shows in the Boston area. Quincy and Lawrence, or other venues. The merger of All-age corps into DCI makes it possible for full line-ups at any East Coast venue. 

The multiple shows in New England in late June/early July allowed for longer practice time due to the ability to stay in one place for the duration since travel time  was not a problem. The biggest travel challenge for many years was Bristol on July. 3rd but that was due to congested traffic. Bristol itself is one road in/one road out, not directly off a major highway, and depending on where the corps was housed you hit traffic headed from New York and Connecticut to Cape Cod or folks headed to the Rhode Island coast or Newport. More practice time to complete, polish, or change shows was an advantage as was the opportunities for multiple July 4th parades and a day off in Boston. 

Glassboro is a Surf show. It’s well attended but I think stadium capacity is 5,000 which makes it a small show. Still, it’s managed well and parking is ideal. Getting there can be a challenge traffic wise. You drive through business areas and deal with evening rush hours due to the show’s early start. My understanding is that the show has to wrap up early due to Rowan University (where the stadium is located) being in a residential area.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Per social media tomorrow at noon 

latest?cb=20090817031530&format=original

Edited by Galen

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

😂

yup and i cleaned the sh****er out too

• Haha 4