DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

It was 16 and a rabbit that made a bad choice to cross the road on a Sunday evening after youth group.  

I park the car and come into the house and I must have looked in shock or something because mom sees me and, "OH WHAT'S WRONG WHAT HAPPENED?"

"I......I......I hit a rabbit."  

"oh thank god I thought it was something serious."

"MOM, I KILLED IT"

The rabbit?  Or the car?

3 hours ago, ykw said:

I'm curious to see where in Reading this show will be.  Wilson?  Exeter? 

I know it won't be Muhlenberg because that school has a grass field.

Wilson is better suited, but my hunch is Exeter. Governer Mifflin wouldn't work. Albright oof

Nice work as always, DCR. 

Wow, 30 shows down to 17. $5000 dues just doesn't go as far as it used to. Of course, neither does $4 at Taco Bell. 

• Like 2

Last evening (Saturday November 18th) I was at the Alumni show in Plymouth, MA. It’s a standstill show that’s a good reason to get together. Much of the talk was about the 2024 tour. Many feel bad there is only one show in the Boston area, but wish it was in June or July rather than August. Many of these same folks go to Allentown and enjoy seeing the early shows and the progress from June until August. It also struck me that it is generational. The older alums, 75 and before liked the earlier show, 76 and after the August. Not sure what that means. Maybe it has to do with being out late on a Thursday and driving to Allentown the next day.

On 11/18/2023 at 5:03 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Nice work as always, DCR. 

Wow, 30 shows down to 17. $5000 dues just doesn't go as far as it used to. Of course, neither does $4 at Taco Bell. 

I was looking at the Cadets shows and travels in 2011 . That was their DCI Championship winning season with the theme “ Angels and Demons “. The Cadets had 35 competition shows that season . Their travels took them to coast to coast that season . They had season shows in California , Washington state , Oregon , Colorado , idaho , New Mexico , Texas , Oklahoma , Midwest states , southern states , then all the way up to New England , then back thru to Allentown , on to Indy . It was pretty impressive for them to win with such a challenging tour . Those that followed DCI that season know that their drill required a lot of marching and much of it high velocity too . Cadets actually were finishing 3rd in some early shows . But despite the extensive travel requirements and really not that much practice time with the 35 shows that season , they peaked at Championships and won all 3 shows there . Now some of the recent Top 6 Corps will be in about half the number of shows in 2024 than the Cadets ( and other Corps did ) about a decade ago . 

All this said , Corps now here  a decade later are facing higher transportation and housing costs , and other increased costs that makes being prudent with their numbers of shows and travels a wide decision in these challenging economic times , imo . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Last evening (Saturday November 18th) I was at the Alumni show in Plymouth, MA. It’s a standstill show that’s a good reason to get together. Much of the talk was about the 2024 tour. Many feel bad there is only one show in the Boston area, but wish it was in June or July rather than August. Many of these same folks go to Allentown and enjoy seeing the early shows and the progress from June until August. It also struck me that it is generational. The older alums, 75 and before liked the earlier show, 76 and after the August. Not sure what that means. Maybe it has to do with being out late on a Thursday and driving to Allentown the next day.

more likely the younger alums want to see more finished shows

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Being at the show Thursday night then heading down to Allentown for Friday,  would help them relive touring road travel.  Bring back some old road memories.  That could take care of the “good old days” thoughts.

I believe what the truncated tour, much fewer shows and economic realities are telling me is corps have decided that IAAI.

(It’s all about Indy)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

All this said , Corps now here  a decade later are facing higher transportation and housing costs , and other increased costs that makes being prudent with their numbers of shows and travels a wide decision in these challenging economic times , imo . 

Not only that, I personally am much more prudent with my taco budget. 

• Haha 3