Auditions Today Vs. Yesterday

5 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Hell, I'm 66 and am told regularly I have the maturity of a 21 y/o. Mind is still young, the bod no so much. 

I'm 60, and always tell people that I'm very immature for my age.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Hell, I'm 66 and am told regularly I have the maturity of a 21 y/o. Mind is still young, the bod no so much. 

ok so in 12 years i should expect to see 6 years of maturity growth. cool!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jthomas666 said:

I'm 60, and always tell people that I'm very immature for my age.  🙂

i'm my wife's oldest child!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

My age also and I try to keep moving and do things to keep the mind going. (Taking classical guitar lessons and older than most students parents. 😆) And plenty of comedy and Looney Tune type DVDs to keep laughing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, but I have had 16-year old HS students in my college biology classes who are much more mature than some of the 21 (or 31)-year olds.  

Agreed, but those biology students aren’t away from home, practicing all day and living on a bus for half of that time. 

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, but I have had 16-year old HS students in my college biology classes who are much more mature than some of the 21 (or 31)-year olds.  

The difference between a 16 year old who has demonstrated the ability to handle college content and a 21 year old who is in college taking biology "cause I have to" is part of that gap though.   I totally get that age isn't a guarantor of maturity, but that 16 year old is probably a few standard deviations ahead the maturity norm for 16 year olds than the 21 year old you have in mind for his cohort. 

• Like 2

I don't know if I'm regressing but in addition to drum corps music, jazz and classical, at 74 yrs of age I've discovered a hip hop producer ( J Dilla ) whose music has influenced so many late 90's and  early 2000's hip hop artists that i've grown to enjoy..Robert Glasper is a disciple..peace

29 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

I don't know if I'm regressing but in addition to drum corps music, jazz and classical, at 74 yrs of age I've discovered a hip hop producer ( J Dilla ) whose music has influenced so many late 90's and  early 2000's hip hop artists that i've grown to enjoy..Robert Glasper is a disciple..peace

I've posted Glasper's Black Radio in the "Music Drum Corps Should Do" thread. There's a LOT there to work with that could be done so good.  

• Like 1