DCI Januals 2024

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I wonder if this is going to be the ‘more natural grass-like’ turf that the NFL player’s union has been pushing for?  

I’ll bet @rpbobcat can answer that question. 

Both he and Jim work on stadium projects in different fields of engineering.  I’ll bet one thing that they can agree on is that the projects are seldom finished on the initially assigned deliverable date.  Jim has worked on Hard Rock in Miami, The Niners stadium in San Jose, Raiders stadium in Las Vegas…more I can’t remember… he’s working on the Bills stadium as we speak.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, craiga said:

Two word solution:

GILLETTE STADIUM

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’d love that but they aren’t asking me 😂 

1000 miles away from Indy.  How much would that strain Corps travel budgets?  4 busses x 1000 miles east of where the bus company thought the season would end. 

But it IS in the northeast, so the Senior Division would feel more at home. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ll bet @rpbobcat can answer that question. 

Both he and Jim work on stadium projects in different fields of engineering.  I’ll bet one thing that they can agree on is that the projects are seldom finished on the initially assigned deliverable date.  Jim has worked on Hard Rock in Miami, The Niners stadium in San Jose, Raiders stadium in Las Vegas…more I can’t remember… he’s working on the Bills stadium as we speak.  

I'll try.

Right now the state of the art synthetic turf system I use is  Field Turf "CORE".

The technical definition of it is "multi-layer, dual -polymer fiber" (mono filament).

Its the next generation of synthetic turf.

Many synthetic turf fields, including ,it is my understanding ,LOS , are some type of "Slit Film" system.

A lot of players attribute "Slit Film" to injuries, including  "non contact".

Met Life switched to "CORE" this season.

The players say its a big improvement over the "Slit Film ".

As far as synthetic turf projects not being finished on time, that's the norm,

not the exception.

I tell my clients to build plenty of "what if " time when they are planning on having a

project ready by a certain date.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

From what I can tell the 2 closest domed stadiums are Detroit & St Louis.  Logistics of finding housing for 30+ Corps on short notice- yikes. 

Make that 40+ corps.  The new DCI all-age division adds on in 2024.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

1000 miles away from Indy.  How much would that strain Corps travel budgets?  4 busses x 1000 miles east of where the bus company thought the season would end. 

But it IS in the northeast, so the Senior Division would feel more at home. 

I'd just like to point out that the Boston area had 17 straight weekends of rain last spring/summer. 

So...

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Two word solution:

GILLETTE STADIUM

Thirty minute drive from home, ample parking, better located concession stands, no plane ticket, no need of a hotel, works for me. The only drawback, no Shapiro’s.

• Like 2