DCI Januals 2024

9 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

The tunnel hasn’t been used recently in shows. Why is that?

Two words

Baby Powder

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

US swim Olympic trials at LOS 15-23 June.  Field ripped off & temporary pool(s) installed.

Rescind the ban on water on the drum corps field for one year and make this the Aqua Finals.

12 hours ago, flugelswerebugels said:

Rescind the ban on water on the drum corps field for one year and make this the Aqua Finals.

Bloo show reveal leaked!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

US swim Olympic trials at LOS 15-23 June.  Field ripped off & temporary pool(s) installed.   After that new field installed.  I know in NFL if for some reason stadium isn’t ready for a game then they typically play at other teams stadium.  

So DCI better have a plan.  Better to plan & not need than vice versa. 

https://www.lucasoilstadium.com/event/2024-u-s-olympic-team-trials-swimming/ 

DCI Finals start 8/08/24.

If my math is correct, that's 46 calendar days to remove the temporary pools, stands, etc.

Then repair any damage to the LOS concrete floor, that may occur during pool construction and or removal.

Then install and test the new synthetic turf.

That's tight at best.

I also wonder what LOS's contract says for a "drop dead" date for the contractor.

Somehow, I think the NFL Season, not DCI Finals is the priority.

As others have posted, DCI better have a plan, just in case.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

DCI Finals start 8/08/24.

If my math is correct, that's 46 calendar days to remove the temporary pools, stands, etc.

Then repair any damage to the LOS concrete floor, that may occur during pool construction and or removal.

That's tight at best.

I also wonder what LOS's contract says for a "drop dead" date for the contractor.

Somehow, I think the NFL Season, not DCI Finals is the priority.

As others have posted, DCI better have a plan, just in case.

You are likely correct that the NFL season is the priority.  Although w/ NFL there is option of moving game to opponent’s field if needed (happens sometimes after big weather for example).   DCI doesn’t have that luxury.   

From what I can tell the 2 closest domed stadiums are Detroit & St Louis.  Logistics of finding housing for 30+ Corps on short notice- yikes. 

Many more options if out-of-doors is acceptable (Purdue & Indiana University both within hour of Indy, albeit in opposite directions).   But at least Indy Corps housing could still be used.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Further pontificating
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I suspect DCI finals might actually BE the test for the new turf

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You are likely correct that the NFL season is the priority.  Although w/ NFL there is option of moving game to opponent’s field if needed (happens sometimes after big weather for example).   DCI doesn’t have that luxury.   

From what I can tell the 2 closest domed stadiums are Detroit & St Louis.  Logistics of finding housing for 30+ Corps on short notice- yikes. 

Many more options if out-of-doors is acceptable (Purdue & Indiana University both within hour of Indy, albeit in opposite directions).   But at least Indy Corps housing could still be used.  

UIUC would work, too.  Right on 74/70/57.  Of course, I would LOVE that.
Cincinnati is 1-1/2 hours away.  Paul Brown stadium or whatever they call it now.  Nippert Stadium/UC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

UIUC would work, too.  Right on 74/70/57.  Of course, I would LOVE that.
Cincinnati is 1-1/2 hours away.  Paul Brown stadium or whatever they call it now.  Nippert Stadium/UC. 

Both would indeed work, but would likely have same logistics issue of finding enough Corps housing on short notice.   IU & Purdue would at least allow for Indy Corps housing to remain in place.  All are outdoor stadiums; might give the creative/design side fits.  

• Like 1