DCI Januals 2024

56 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

You could hold finals at Wesleyan where Open Class finals are held

Innit that kinda small?  Searching around it says the home stands are 2000 seats...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

DCI Finals start 8/08/24.

If my math is correct, that's 46 calendar days to remove the temporary pools, stands, etc.

Then repair any damage to the LOS concrete floor, that may occur during pool construction and or removal.

Then install and test the new synthetic turf.

That's tight at best.

I also wonder what LOS's contract says for a "drop dead" date for the contractor.

Somehow, I think the NFL Season, not DCI Finals is the priority.

As others have posted, DCI better have a plan, just in case.

I vote for Ford Field in Detroit. Of, course, I have no ulterior motive, just because Ford Field is in my backyard, it just makes perfect sense (to me). And the schools are not in session! 

• Haha 1

The Gillette idea isn't half bad actually considering it would shorten travel for some.  But it'd mean negotiating for an NFL stadium of course.  And the cost.  

Although those making the Ohio shows between Allentown and Finals would have to back track.  So yeah.  Bloomington or West Lafayette make the most sense if not somewhere in Ohio.  

Ford Field is there, would probably work, but again its about negotiating the use of the place and the cost.

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ll bet @rpbobcat can answer that question. 

Both he and Jim work on stadium projects in different fields of engineering.  I’ll bet one thing that they can agree on is that the projects are seldom finished on the initially assigned deliverable date.  Jim has worked on Hard Rock in Miami, The Niners stadium in San Jose, Raiders stadium in Las Vegas…more I can’t remember… he’s working on the Bills stadium as we speak.  

as we saw in 2008 Lucas Oil wasn't ready in time. and ticket sales currently surpass what they were in 2008...not sure Bloomington could handle it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimmyjames said:

If only the drive wasn't so far! I've got some old credentials from back in the day. I 100% would roll up in there like I belonged!!!! 

you have to have credentials to get in

6 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I'd just like to point out that the Boston area had 17 straight weekends of rain last spring/summer. 

So...

i was in the region for 2 of them

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

First, I think finals at Gillette if LOS is unavailable is more of a wish for those of us from Boston than a reality, but for the WC corps, the trip from Allentown to Boston is approximately 300 miles, Allentown to Indy is approximately 650 miles. Since most kids fly home, that would save on bus transportation. You would also have the advantage of two airports, Logan in Boston and T.F. Green in Warwick (located here the old Rocky Point where you could have a holiday 🙂). Getting the fleets back could cost more. It could be more expensive for fans. Though there are some hotels in the area, for most Gillette would mean pricier hotels not located near the stadium which would mean renting a car. 

except the shows scheduled west of Allentown after Allentown are an issue.

• Like 1