Vanguard 2024

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But the airlines get paid (perhaps more than the tech) to fly them in and out.  

That's true, and the corps still must feed and house them. Few are sleeping on gym floors.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 1:01 PM, Sideways said:

Yes they did but taking on Harmonium in its entirety is a completely different beast!!

I absolutely agree. It would be great for Regiment or Vanguard. Great piece.

On 1/28/2024 at 4:01 PM, Sideways said:

Yes they did but taking on Harmonium in its entirety is a completely different beast!!

Was just nostalgically watching Plymouth Canton HS’s amazing take on Harmonium from 2001 and I agree! Great piece, amazingly hard to field, would be so interesting to see modern SCV try their hand, even if it doesn’t really seem to be their style these days …

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 9:05 PM, Sideways said:

All they need to do is Harmonium by John Adams 

I am going to give this a listen

• Like 1

22 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Was just nostalgically watching Plymouth Canton HS’s amazing take on Harmonium from 2001 and I agree! Great piece, amazingly hard to field, would be so interesting to see modern SCV try their hand, even if it doesn’t really seem to be their style these days …

Yes…from their glory days.  I taught for a competitor band back then and remember watching that show develop all season.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:11 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

At some point you have to speak truth to power

not always the best job security approach

On 1/31/2024 at 11:41 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

So, ‘Pay attention to me, not the legal filings & CPA statements filed w/ CA DoJ’.  

It's me again 🙂

Ummm........... so 2019 was the last audit without any screaming red flags, and even that audit was submitted 4 years late. 

Then 2020 wasn't audited at all since their total revenues fell below $2M at a close $1.95M (which is very suspect). It's not going to happen. Even I would admit that's a waste of time and resources. 

Then the audit that did get them out of the dog house was for TWO YEARS. So really......... if the audits were done on time then they would be two consecutive audits screaming red flags. 

FY2019 = audit submitted 4 years late. 

FY 2020 = no audit at all. 

FY 2021 = audit cannot verify any bingo revenue/expenses, nor the property/equipment, nor cash and cash equivalents. 

FY 2022 = audit cannot verify any bingo revenue/expenses, nor the property/equipment, nor cash and cash equivalents. 

FY 2023 = due in 45 days (mid March)

What are the odds the crew that ran all of 2021 and 2022 who were there for all of 2023 (remember the new CEO only came on at the very end of 2023) are going to magically have cleaned up 2023 while throwing 21 and 22 to the wolves?

***Have folks READ the audit opinion??? Clearly the new CEO just had to give up and take it on the chin and forced the audit to completion for the sake of compliance. None of it was on his shoulders.*** I've been there. I gave up on reconciling to the financials prior to my time on the board. We just took a fresh inventory to get a footing on the balance sheet and went from there. We didn't have to tie back to a prior year that was audited so it worked out. 

Anyway..............

I'm really hoping for a strong showing of Cavies and Phantom (probably not, I really don't know). Come the west coast shows some hearts are going to be racing praying to God the Mandarins don't beat them. 

I mean the last time I beat the Mandarins I was a Vanguard Cadet under the very same director the Mandarins are run by now. If Mandarins don't beat SCV this year they are never going to do it. 

Anyway.................. Bingo is very exposed. They are not in a position to know (so says their auditors) what they will earn with it, and as such is going to wreak havoc during tour.  

The CEO they hired was basically told to go get them on the road and to finals, and at no point did he have any input on the building of the economic foundation or justification of that decision, and only a few weeks ago was he told by his CPA firm all the financial information he has is erroneous. 

Right? The BEST INFORMATION the CEO has access to for decision making his CPA firm cannot make heads or tails of it. 

If I were SCV I would dump the CPA firm, and try and find one hard up for clients and less scrupulous. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

If I were SCV I would dump the CPA firm, and try and find one hard up for clients and less scrupulous. 

ethics be ######