Vanguard 2024

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yup.  And I am glad he is as he understands where to look, as well as what to look at.  

I agree. It certainly pulls back the curtain on some things. And what you see is not pretty. 

5 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

Got it, so you have no real answer. Believe it or not, most people have enough going on in their lives and aren't hanging on the details of an organization simply because they want to watch them burn, or for their own amusement. For everyone I've actually interacted with in good faith discussions, the only "mission" is to expose the dysfunction and behind the scenes toxic culture that has permeated in the organization for decades. It's because people actually care about the organization and want to see it fixed.

I'm sorry that you have such a negative view of people that they only reason you can think of for people to put in the time and energy, and open themselves up to abuse and vitriol, is because they are narcissists, but I think that says more about you than anyone else. 

..and I'm sorry you follow me around on every thread because you lost the whole argument of front ensemble.  Sad.

11 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

..and I'm sorry you follow me around on every thread because you lost the whole argument of front ensemble.  Sad.

except he's right. and i don't follow you

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

except he's right. and i don't follow you

Not really, but everyone is allowed to have an opinion; based on reality or not I suppose.  I never said you did follow me around.  Although, with all your posts it could seem like that.

Edited by Mello Dude

7 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Not really, but everyone is allowed to have an opinion; based on reality or not I suppose.  I never said you did follow me around.  Although, with all your posts it could seem like that.

no everyone follows me.

and he's right.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

There are like three active threads at a time here, it's off season. No one is following you around, it's not that serious. I just call out people who are peddling BS without any kind of rational support behind it. 

What's sad is that you're convinced people must have negative intentions to want to expose corruption and mismanagement of an organization they love and have devoted countless hours and energy to.

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Like 3

I'm thinking there will be more of a focus on percussion than usual this year, and there's always a pretty heavy focus on percussion, lol.  Really looking forward to it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

I'm thinking there will be more of a focus on percussion than usual this year, and there's always a pretty heavy focus on percussion, lol.  Really looking forward to it.  

i'm curious to see if it was what 23 was supposed to be

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm curious to see if it was what 23 was supposed to be

Is the 24 design team same as 23 (pretty sure for percussion it is; not sure other captions)?  I wonder how much of 23 was actually written before the plug was pulled?