A Great Article on The Cadets

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

it depends on the victims mindset and motivations. it could be they just feel they should be financially compensated for all they went through. it could be revenge. maybe it's going all out to finally get the activity to pull its head out of its ###. only the victim and their attorneys can say what the motivation is.

I’m going with number three because that would be my motivation.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What I gleaned from the blog was that the corps won despite of someone.  Not because of someone.

And that’s really all I have to say. 

thats been a prevalent theory floated by many in many places

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going with number three because that would be my motivation.  

And then option 4 might come into play: all these years of taking crap from people calling us liars and harassing us. A guilty verdict is to say “look ###### ####### we WERE telling the truth”.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And then option 4 might come into play: all these years of taking crap from people calling us liars and harassing us. A guilty verdict is to say “look ###### ####### we WERE telling the truth”.

Being used to get rid of him and then tossed aside wasn’t very nice either. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

My takeaway from the article/blogpost is amazement at how Potemkin drum corps can be -- all fire and glory on the field, and utterly rickety behind the facade: “never slept, never ate, barely rehearsed" -- ninety-eight-point-zero, smh.

Very true. I saw Garfield a few times in 1984. Once was at DCI Canada. They lost to Phantom that night. The Regiment was on fire that night so they deserved it, but all the talk was about Garfield because the show was so amazing. They just had a slightly off night. After the show I could see city buses picking up some of the corps and I wondered where the heck were their buses. Many years later I always heard from people how they were constantly having buses fixed and they were stranded on the road quite a bit. The corps was clearly talented and the show was near perfect design, so even with a 7th place percussion score they still manage to win. Just crazy stuff. If someone told you such a story you would say "no way could that corps win." But then you witness the show with your own eyes and realize...yes that show deserved to win. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

What I gleaned from the blog was that the corps won despite of someone.  Not because of someone.

And that’s really all I have to say. 

In reality, I think that is an accurate sentiment to have. But I didn't feel like that was what the author produced.  Especially a brief and dismissive ...

Yes, we all know about the allegations and the subsequent firing and court dates.

Followed directly by

The Cadets became something else. Exactly what, I’m not sure.

And then knocking both products that came after GH's departure. 

I'm not prodding you to continue in response. I have always had a lot of respect for you and wouldn't dare! ❤️😆 Most of the talk in this thread was about "will they return." And I wasn't seeing any other critique of the author's work, so it seemed like a relevant point to chime in. 

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

Just now, mingusmonk said:

In reality, I think that is an accurate sentiment to have. But I didn't feel like that was what the author produced.  Especially a brief and dismissive ...

Followed directly by

And then knocking every product that came after GH's departure. 

I'm not prodding you to continue in response. I have always had a lot of respect for you and wouldn't dare! ❤️😆 Most of the talk in this thread was about "will they return." And I wasn't seeing any other critique of the author's work, so it seemed like a relevant point to chime in. 

You’re right.  I’m probably reading into it what some other people have implied.  Subconsciousness at play. 

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So, will it work?

what that they won in spite of him? apparently a few times