A Great Article on The Cadets

1 hour ago, ranintothedoor said:

My friend's dad mentioned that The Cadets organization are moving to Tennessee.  I hadn't heard anything about it on here and wanted to see if there was any validity to the claim.  

I didn't figure this was a thing, all things considered.

the rumor was out there on many forms of social media. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

My friend's dad mentioned that The Cadets organization are moving to Tennessee.  I hadn't heard anything about it on here and wanted to see if there was any validity to the claim.  

No idea if true but would mean:

1) bailing on Erie

2) found people in TN willing to trust the mess will work out.

Reminder that Cadets spent a season working out of Erie before announcing they would move there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjthekid said:

The dismissal reads only as Garfield Cadets. Given that CAE is a third party defendant I would assume that by dismissing the primary party, all other parties would also be dismissed. However the plaintiff has 60 days to fix this. The Settlement meeting is in april so there’s a possibility that the prosecution uses this as a bargaining chip, but I’m not a lawyer so I’m really not sure. I’ll send the dismissal notice in a bit.

I guess I find it interesting for the court to file this when there is a settlement hearing and ultimate trial on the books. Not sure what else the plaintiff could do to “keep the case moving forward” 

3 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

I think this just refers to Memphis Blues adopting the Cadets name and somebody's hope to buy Cadets' unis.  The Cadets board recently voted to not sell those unis in bulk to anyone, and they posted on social media wishing Memphis good luck.  

It doesn't seem as though there is any "organization" left to move anywhere. They even sold off their trucks and returned all their leased and borrowed equipment. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, craiga said:

I think this just refers to Memphis Blues adopting the Cadets name and somebody's hope to buy Cadets' unis.  The Cadets board recently voted to not sell those unis in bulk to anyone, and they posted on social media wishing Memphis good luck.  

It doesn't seem as though there is any "organization" left to move anywhere. They even sold off their trucks and returned all their leased and borrowed equipment. 

That's what I thought (based on the conversations in this thread), so I was surprised to hear that.  

Thanks for humoring me, everyone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

any and all too big of an ask? LOL

Uh a little. there’s a ton of documents. I suppose the important ones would be the summons issued to DCI in december of last year. And the docket which schedules the the settlement conference for april. If there’s something specific you have in mind let me know.

2 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

That's what I thought (based on the conversations in this thread), so I was surprised to hear that.  

Thanks for humoring me, everyone. S

Remember Cadets signed a multiple lease/contract with Erie Sports Center. Breaking it will mean another lawsuit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, craiga said:

i know of one MM last year now contracted to SCV.

3 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Remember Cadets signed a multiple lease/contract with Erie Sports Center. Breaking it will mean another lawsuit. 

from what i remember seeing, that place has it's own issues with the city