2023 Blue Stars - High Cam Semifinals Video

I almost missed this, but the Blue Stars recently posted a video of their 2023 program, In-ABSINTHE-ia, from the DCI World Championships Semifinals. This is a high cam video the corps took from the top deck of Lucas Oil Stadium.

https://medi-nerd.com/2024/01/29/2023-blue-stars-high-cam-semifinals-video/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:15 AM, kevingamin said:

I almost missed this, but the Blue Stars recently posted a video of their 2023 program, In-ABSINTHE-ia, from the DCI World Championships Semifinals. This is a high cam video the corps took from the top deck of Lucas Oil Stadium.

https://medi-nerd.com/2024/01/29/2023-blue-stars-high-cam-semifinals-video/

One of my favorite 2023 shows.. 💚

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

One of my favorite 2023 shows.. 💚

They perform the hell out of it.

• Like 2

beautifully designed and performed show.  i only watch hi cam during the summer broadcasts and i found myself scratching my head over their scores at every regional and at finals.

they march soooo well and have such a gorgeous brass sound.  i want more!

• Like 3

Yah.  I've been listening to the 2023 season again as my brain wants drum corps again.   This show is so musically well designed.  And while I get the eyebrows at the visual design choices, they performed the snot out of it and it was bold and consistent.  The score stalling puzzles me still too

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Yah.  I've been listening to the 2023 season again as my brain wants drum corps again.   This show is so musically well designed.  And while I get the eyebrows at the visual design choices, they performed the snot out of it and it was bold and consistent.  The score stalling puzzles me still too

Well, after three absinthe’s, everything stalls for me 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, after three absinthe’s, everything stalls for me 

Gotta love that Green Fairy.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, I don't understand what about this show warranted an 11th place finish. Their placement really has me baffled. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I have to say, I don't understand what about this show warranted an 11th place finish. Their placement really has me baffled. 

Hopefully they can rebound from that 11th place finish. However, it's going to be tough. If they get their s**t together, I could see them beating the Troopers and Colts and that would put them back up to 9th. Aside from that, I can't imagine them climbing much higher. I don't think they will fall out of the Top 12, either. It would take quite a bit for the corps beneath them to knock them out. I'm going to guess 9th place, tops, or 11th place at the very least. 

Edited by corps8294

6 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I’m not sure which, if any, of the shows that scored higher that I would place it above.   Perhaps Colts - I thought the concept was meh, but the visual & music was well written & executed.