Shows you regret NOT seeing "Live"?

I have been to finals every year since 1989, except 2021 and 2022, but I saw everybody at Allentown in 2002.  I wish I could have seen Cadets and Vanguard in 1987.  And, Terri, I was a Big Royal Airs fan and managed to see them on the East Coast in 1962, 1964, 1965, 1966 and 1967.  Saw the 1965 corps at CYO Nationals (they won).  Wish I could have seen them in 1968.  

• Like 1

"Kids and life" started happening after the '92 season, so "live" viewings disappeared for essentially all of the 90s and 00s...shows that I REALLY wish to have seen live?

- '96 Phantom and BD, Finals

- '99 SCV and BD, Finals

- '03 SCV (watching the video just gives me such cool, powerful vibes)

- '08 Phantom and BD, Finals

- '09 SCV

- '11 Phantom (they were rained out at the Massillon show, but got to see SCV)

- '22 Troopers

Shows that I'm REALLY thankful for HAVING seen live?  Too many to count, but:

- Every Finals from '74 to '82 (marched '75 and '82 so only saw parts)

- Every SCV show from '74 to '92

Edited by gak27
clarification
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, JFitz19 said:

I have been to finals every year since 1989, except 2021 and 2022, but I saw everybody at Allentown in 2002.  I wish I could have seen Cadets and Vanguard in 1987.  And, Terri, I was a Big Royal Airs fan and managed to see them on the East Coast in 1962, 1964, 1965, 1966 and 1967.  Saw the 1965 corps at CYO Nationals (they won).  Wish I could have seen them in 1968.  

I actually saw them that year. And that was their last year. 🙁

1990 Star of Indiana

• Like 3

Not a regret, but I was offered a spot in 1992 VK but declined so I could instead bum around with my friends and enjoy my first summer of legal drinking age.  It probably would’ve been really cool to be in that show.   I never saw it live

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

1965 Royal Airs. In fact, the whole show at McCormick Place. I about wore out my bootleg cassette tape when I was a kid. 

Whoo, good call.

Lucky me. I hitchhiked from NY with a buddy to get there. In the scramble for seats at McCormick, we ended up on a picnic table just behind the GE judges. Life's priorities underwent a seismic shift that evening.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, lawdn said:

The one huge advantage of Lucas Oil - it don’t rain in Indianapolis in the summertime….

I respect your position on domes though.

anymore due to family considerations, i wouldn't be going there anyway. the little one isnt ready for my kind of drum corps marathon, and i'd be in trouble if i ignored the fam to watch all day thursday. and friday. and saturday

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ironlips said:

Whoo, good call.

Lucky me. I hitchhiked from NY with a buddy to get there. In the scramble for seats at McCormick, we ended up on a picnic table just behind the GE judges. Life's priorities underwent a seismic shift that evening.

Lucky you. You witnessed magic. I was 7 and hadn’t even picked a French Horn until the next year. Hahaha

Jim and his Dad went, too. He said he wanted to be in the Royal-Airs but by the time he was old enough to go, they were no more. So he went to the Kilties. 

• Like 1