Shows you regret NOT seeing "Live"?

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

anymore due to family considerations, i wouldn't be going there anyway. the little one isnt ready for my kind of drum corps marathon, and i'd be in trouble if i ignored the fam to watch all day thursday. and friday. and saturday

I don’t make it through everyone those three days, either.  I schedule to see everyone over three days.  I am in my seats for the entire finals show.  Except 2022 when chaos reigned the streets and I barely got in for Troopers.

Happy Leap Year Day, Everyone!  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, ironlips said:

In the scramble for seats at McCormick, we ended up on a picnic table just behind the GE judges. Life's priorities underwent a seismic shift that evening.

Great memory flashbacks.  Our family was there to watch my brother compete.  Our motel was near the road where we watched many of the corps driving by.  Not only were the fans spread all around the sidelines, as I recall, many of us had also grabbed folding chairs which were stacked according to how far behind the sidelines you were.  During the Napster days, Dan downloaded the audio of the 15 corps plus the announcement of scores.  A classic finals.    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t make it through everyone those three days, either.  I schedule to see everyone over three days.  I am in my seats for the entire finals show.  Except 2022 when chaos reigned the streets and I barely got in for Troopers.

Happy Leap Year Day, Everyone!  

Woe to anyone who is in your seat when you return to it though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wish I had witnessed Anaheim in '72 at the first DCI Championships in Whitewater.

Saw the movie, but it would have been far more satisfying to have been in the stands when Ralph Hardimon and Tom Float were anchoring the snare section and Steve Beard was wailing that bari solo in "Artistry".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ironlips said:

I wish I had witnessed Anaheim in '72 at the first DCI Championships in Whitewater.

Saw the movie, but it would have been far more satisfying to have been in the stands when Ralph Hardimon and Tom Float were anchoring the snare section and Steve Beard was wailing that bari solo in "Artistry".

“Sigh Guy’s” (Steve Beard) solo was in 1974 and he nailed it at Finals.  Amazing tone from a G-bugle. 

I wish I had seen Anaheim Kingsmen in 1972 or 1974. Some people I know in the activity have said the 1974 corps was really paramount in pushing the activity forward in show design and musical arranging. 

Garfield Cadets 1984 at Finals. Saw them in Canada and Upstate NY that summer but really wanted to see the show at finals. 

Madison Scouts at Finals in 1988. I saw them early in Whitewater and knew then they would be top 5 when cleaned. Saw them again in Morgantown, WV in early August. They lost to Garfield Cadets by .1, but it was after that show that I felt they would very quickly wave "bye bye" to Garfield and push into the top 3. I really felt Garfield was a top 4 corps, even though scores were all over the place that summer; so with Madison closing in I had a feeling they could be top 3 -- but I wasn't sure they could beat BD or SCV. Really wanted to be in Kansas City for Finals. 

Phantom Regiment 2008 - did not see much in 2008 but to be there live would have been a treat. That crowd just erupted. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

“Sigh Guy’s” (Steve Beard) solo was in 1974 and he nailed it at Finals.  Amazing tone from a G-bugle. 

"(Steve Beard) solo was in 1974 and he nailed it .."

I stand corrected. I wish I had seen that show, too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ironlips said:

I did see them. I was in the first 29th place DCI corps ever! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2