Shows you regret NOT seeing "Live"?

15 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As you know, these shows can be very creative & entertaining.  It takes a special kind of talent & attitude to throw it down when you don’t have 110 more members backing you up.  

I just wish they had packed stands for Open Class finals.  

I could have a card game with the amount of spectators in the stands Thursday morning. On the upside, It’s the only time I don’t have to evict anyone from my seat.

The most people I saw in attendance for Div 2/3 now open class was when finals were in Madison.  But you had a lot of relatively local corps in the shows. Cap Sound, Americanos, Blue stars were Div 2.  Plus a lot more corps in those divisions.

i have seats in 240 for the all-age championship. It will be interesting to see the support level for that event, especially with a free Soundsport event is being held down the street. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Not going to Open Class?   As a small Corps alumni, if I were going to DCI, I would make a point of to Open Class. But I know that few agree with my position 

i used to go when it was in driving distance and also went in 02 to finals. 02 D2/D3 finals was one of the best top to bottom shows i've ever seen in person

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As you know, these shows can be very creative & entertaining.  It takes a special kind of talent & attitude to throw it down when you don’t have 110 more members backing you up.  

I just wish they had packed stands for Open Class finals.  

location location location.

i finally got an open class show in my area last summer and ordered my tickets day 1. saw great stuff...sadly crowd size was eh. but the show is back this year, ordered my tickets on day 1 and i keep spreading the word

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i used to go when it was in driving distance and also went in 02 to finals. 02 D2/D3 finals was one of the best top to bottom shows i've ever seen in person

It really was.  Lots of spectators, too, which was great for the members. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

It really was.  Lots of spectators, too, which was great for the members. 

i believe they had a buy one get one deal but still.....big crowd, enthusiastic. holding it Wednesday night helps as more people were getting into town.

• Like 2

Interesting topic here, appreciate the OP bringing this up.

I was at finals every year from 1986-2000, so those years are all covered.  First year watching corps was 1984 and was fortunate to see both SCV and Garfield late in the season.  Now I have to settle for NightBeat and every once in awhile Allentown, but there are some years that I've missed out completely.

Thinking about individual shows, here's a top 5 for missing out:

2016 Bluecoats

1983 Garfield Cadets

2017 Bluecoats

2008 Phantom Regiment

2014 Blue Devils

• Like 1

I did not see 2008 Phantom live. I would have loved to have been in Bloomington see Phantom move from 3rd to 2nd to 1st. 

“Red” is one of my favorite shows and is still a sentimental favorite of longtime BAC fans. Though I saw it live in local shows, the finals performance looks electrifying.

I loved SCV 1989 and 1989 Phantom equally and would have enjoyed seeing those two at finals and would have been happy with the results either way.

I knew about drum corps the summer before my freshmen year in high school(2001). My director called me a day before the event and asked if I wanted to go. I had no idea what it was but went anyway. I'm sorry to say I can't really remember anything about what I watched except the Cadets. Mainly because we watched them training on the field before the show that night. I didn't get back into DCI until 2012. 

The shows I wish I had scene before that time was 

Crown 2009, 2011, 2012

Phantom 2008

Cavies 2003, 2004, 2011. 

Since I reconnected with the activity

SCV 2017 and 2018

Bluu  2019

2008 Phantom is the easy answer for me. I turned down Finals tickets which was a mistake.

• Sad 2