Ten Year Anniversary Of Felliniesque

13 hours ago, DWW11 said:

The ABBD/Cali corps animosity in Allentown was real, at least in the 70s-90s. The Crossmen and Cadets fans in the early days had a real chip on their shoulders because they felt BD and SCV would just come onto their turf and try to show them up. 

In '79 and '80 the crowds at Allentown would chant "EAST EAST EAST!' It came off to me as a mix of support for Cadets/27 and hoping that BD wouldn't win again (which we didn't always do there at that time)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flugelswerebugels said:

In '79 and '80 the crowds at Allentown would chant "EAST EAST EAST!' It came off to me as a mix of support for Cadets/27 and hoping that BD wouldn't win again (which we didn't always do there at that time)

the most ABBD crowd i've ever been a part of was in Indy in 2010. Literally people getting up and walking out when they performed.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

What year was Dada? 

Dada/Cabaret Voltaire was 2012.

• Thanks 2

On 3/19/2024 at 2:37 PM, Chief Guns said:

Was there any truth to crowds back east purposely not rooting for BD or corps from out west in general?

In the beginning, the California corps that travelled east received a lot of love because they were a novelty.  As the activity changed from regional to national the love disappeared a bit as the east lost to the west on a semi-regular basis. 

• Like 2

Interesting tho-no matter how much the crowds in Allentown tried to downplay or appear blase about BD, no one ever left their seats when they took the field. 

• Like 1

I miss the OG BD fans from this forum. Plan9, 84BDSOP, BDCorno to name a few. We had to unite against the ABBD crowd during that 2008-2013 time frame. How we all didn't get banned is beyond me lol. We had some Ali vs Frazier bouts with the ABBD crowd. 

Hope they are all doing well. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Interesting tho-no matter how much the crowds in Allentown tried to downplay or appear blase about BD, no one ever left their seats when they took the field. 

I’ve been going to Allentown since 1997 and I can say for sure Allentown recognizes and applaud’s excellence.  It is probably the most drum corps savvy and seasoned crowd the Corps face all summer.  
Unlike Bando Crowds, there are no give-me’s  in Allentown. 😊

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh boy! This forum from 2008-2013. For us BD fans, it was like the 300 against the Persians.

Good times.  

I loved that era so much. So many great shows with unique approaches and music that challenged me for the better. Through A Glass, Darkly, Cabaret Voltaire, and Constantly Risking Absurdity are still in my rotation to this day!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

What year was Dada? 

2012 or 13. i wasn't in Indy for that. 2010 was through a glass darkly or whatever it was called. I actually remember people laughing at Dada in Allentown