Cadets and bankruptcy

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Apparently, all that matters is whether lawyers will name the new corps as a defendant in a civil suit, rightly or wrongly.

Are you referring the a potential new "Cadets" organization?  Or "The Cadets of Memphis"? 🧐

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Are you referring the a potential new "Cadets" organization?  Or "The Cadets of Memphis"? 🧐

Any subsequent corps that lawyers can link, or portray as a successor.

At this point, you probably cannot bring back Marion Cadets - they had both name and uniform similarities.  The whole Erie area is probably banned from starting anything right now, despite having had corps of their own in the past.  And forget anything tied to the Bonfiglio family.  Surprised they are not dragging Blue Devils into it just for taking over the band circuit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

I'll play!!!

Terri makes common sense statements! I think every member might need to be checked. As in the past, some members have had issues with sex abuse. If you go back decades you'll find out it happened a lot in this activity. No one said things back in the 70's. By this time DCI should protect themselves and the activity from pedophiles and others. It's not the 70's, it's 2024 and we have seen the evil things that have happened in drum corps and the directors of each corps (along with their BOD) should clean up ALL of our activity. I won't recommend a student to march with any corps. 

Today the staff's are so large, any creep could hide amongst the rest. Who watches them? Who notices a staff member getting to friendly with a corps member? No security, NO safety! If I had children old enough to march I would say NO today!

Terri makes valid statements and probably based on knowledge as she marched in some pretty good corps!

On 4/5/2024 at 2:52 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I can come to no other conclusion than if a registered sex offender is performing in a Soundsport or alumni corps, they don’t care.  

First of all, you haven't gotten a response and you are jumping,ping to a huge conclusion here

Alumni groups are ALL ADULTS. Soundsport groups DO background check staff, but the participants are all KIDS. DCI doesn't;t background check the performers either because they are kids. They all complete safesport. What else do you expect DCI to do? 

Do you have anything to do all day rather than stir up drama here? And what does any of your post have to do with the cadets bakruptcy. 

Why do you insist on turning every thread into a "DCI isn't doing enough and doesn[t care".

incorrect. not all alumni corps are all adults. outside of special project one offs, most if not all alumni corps have non alumni in the ranks.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

It’s likely that even if it could be fought and dismissed, it’s going to be a total drain on finances. 

Best to completely: fold, distance, re-group, plan and start completely over.  

ture. but funds could be rebuilt, and no liquidation to deal with.

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Any subsequent corps that lawyers can link, or portray as a successor.

At this point, you probably cannot bring back Marion Cadets - they had both name and uniform similarities.  The whole Erie area is probably banned from starting anything right now, despite having had corps of their own in the past.  And forget anything tied to the Bonfiglio family.  Surprised they are not dragging Blue Devils into it just for taking over the band circuit.

USBands was sold legally. may have been before a Bankruptcy there, i can't remember

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Surprised they are not dragging Blue Devils into it just for taking over the band circuit.

They figure that the Blue Devils can spend and get good lawyers,  So it would be a waste of their time

25 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

They figure that the Blue Devils can spend and get good lawyers,  So it would be a waste of their time

The Boy Scouts had money, lots of money, good legal counsel, and got whacked into bankruptcy with a 2.4 billion dollar judgment. The same could happen to any corps including DCI as there are parallels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Surprised they are not dragging Blue Devils into it just for taking over the band circuit.

Members of the ABBD crowd currently sitting in their living rooms........

.luke-skywalker-underestimate.gif

• Haha 3